Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greets all. Sadly my Jack the green 306 has gone off road as it turned out the howling wasn't a wheel bearing as diagnosed everywhere, it was my original fear and assumption that it was gearbox bearings disintegrating in the box! (lovely glittery gearbox oil to boot, yum!)

Anyway, he's out for the count (unless anyone on here does recon gearboxes..? lol) and I've been given the loan of my parents little diesel 1.4 HDi 307 in cherry red.

Nice little car, but a world of sluggish after a 2.0L turbo engine, haha! At least she's safe! :nod:

Anyway, there's an existing fault on it, flashes ABS fault and goes out on display after a bit of flashing and stays on the dash. Mate of mine said about trying the fuse on the ABS pump before dabbling with the sensors. Where can I find this little beastie please guys? The haynes at the library is out on loan currently so I can't dive in that, and I can't seem to find anything online for diagrams or such to find it myself.

I've also fitted the older JVC CD/Radio from my 306 to it, I've put the adapter on for the ariel but the radio never worked in my 306 either, but never got around to sorting it out. The 307's oem radio is only a cassette player job but the radio was working on the way to work the other day before I put the JVC one in this evening.

I'd love to know how the hell car thieves get radios out so quickly... I was arguing with the black plug for ages trying to get it out of 306, then the same trying to get the other one out 307 to get the JVC in.. I was getting narked in the end, the bleeder didn't want to come out any which way, lol :nono:

Force and perseverance seemed to get it in the end!

Do I need some sort of code or another cable or something to get the radio receiving?

Thanks in advance for any aid guys,
Regards,
Soph.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the ABS light on since the wheel bearing was done?
Hi Dave

The bearing was done on my 306 (the green estate in showroom) but to no avail as it was diff bearings howling not the wheel bearing. (This was the one my radio/CD player was in originally but I've just taken it out to put in the other car but it's still hissing)

The vehicle with the ABS fault is my parents red 307 thats on loan, my dad reckons its been there a while but he never fixed it as it functions fine with the fault in place.

They're thinking of selling it to me but I'm a bit OCD and don't like fault lights flashing at me so if I can silence the thing I'll be a happy camper, lol :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts