Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 52 plate 307 with neverending abs problems, i have had the car about 18 months within a few days of driving it the abs light can on then abs brake fault and handbrake light! this turned out to be the megafuse.

Recently abs light came on again! and now intermittently braking fault and handbrake light! i have spent a fortune with different people and nobody really knows what they are doing, when plugged in it says right hand rear sensor fault, i have had this replaced but still not picking up a reading, also had the back plate cleaned, have been advised to check the wiring around heatshield , puta washer behind sensor to close air gap or clean connections on multiplug? obviously i am not a mechanic and desperately need someone who knows what they are doing to fix this once and for all.
P.s: apparently peugeot recalled the car prior to me owning it for water ingress to the pump, and my pump has a 'bag' over it, however they accept no liability and want to charge me £85 just to look at it.
Can anyone reccomend a competent mechanic with experience of this? i am in strood, kent.
Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
apparently peugeot recalled the car prior to me owning it for water ingress to the pump, and my pump has a 'bag' over it, however they accept no liability and want to charge me £85 just to look at it.
Get them bitches to check that out because it doesnt sound like they did a very good during recall in the first place :mad: as for everything else, maybe try checking your brake light switch... not sure about anything esle as they seem to have tried most of things that usualy work. i would suggest testing the wiring cables, maybe some other than abs cable is broken between the abs sensor and the abs control unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, havent tried these yet just have been advised to check the wiring around heatshield , puta washer behind sensor to close air gap or clean connections on multiplug? need a competant mechanic before i part with anymore money! as for peugeot its looking like im going to have to go over there and kick off! as this has happened to too many people, wish i could trace the previous owner to see if he had probs, more than likely why he sold it!.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Tony,i had this problem with my car,you don't need to be a mechanic to fix it as long as you can remove the rear wheel you should be able to fix this yourself, so step 1,put the car in gear,chock the wheels so it wont roll and then jack it up and remove the offending wheel,then you'll see the 4 holes that bolt the wheel on,turn the wheel around slowly to the point where you can see the the allen key head that holds the ABS sensor on,(might need a flashlight to see it) at this point place ,i think a 5 or 6mm allen key in and undo the bolt and remove the sensor,then you need to find something very thin, i used a plastic guitar pletrum,(being plastic it won't corrode) cut out a small washer,put a hole in it and then place it behind the sensor and put it all back together. whilst its apart its probably worth getting some carb cleaner and spraying it in their and cleaning the copper coloured ring that faces the sensor. the thin plastic washer you have made or what ever you choose to use should close the gap between the sensor and drum to about .5 of a mm,all back together you should be good to go. hope this helps :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Our 307 Xsi used to have a ABS fault all the time. It was the rear passenger side. All we did was unplug it and plugged it back in, and really made sure it was plugged in properly and its never come back on again. I think the connections are sometimes not quite plugged properly and, of course, driving on the road it could wiggle itself loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Matt,
Thanx for that, will give it a go, why does the car need to be in gear? and chocked? why not engine off and handbrake on? also does anyone know if there is a multifuse actually on the abs pump 30w green one? someone suggested taking front passenger wheel off and wing lining to check a fuse in the unit itself? have checked the engine bay ones as the green one in there has been the culprit in the past.
Joys of owning a 307 :) dont think in the nearly two years ive had it i have had no lights on for more than a few months! one problem after another!.

J

·
0 Posts
If you are parked with handbrake on, how will you manage to turn the rear wheel? :thumb:

Its good practice whenever removing a wheel to always park in gear and chock the wheels.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry Tony my bad,chocked so it won't roll,handbrake off actually, so you can spin the rear wheel around,this way you can line up the wheel bolt hole with the ABS sensor bolt and then get your allen key in. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry matt, probably being really thick! once i unscrew the sensor with an allen key where do i put the washer? over the screw thread and screw back in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Ive got a similar prob, as and when sorted do you have to clear on PP after or is it plug and play? Also according to PP I have fault on rear right, does anyone know if this is nearside or offside?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Its alittle awkward as once you remove the bolt you have to sort of slide the abs sensor off the metal plate its bolted too,once you get the wheel off and and can get it there with a flash light you'll be able to see how it goes, place the washer on the metal plate,then slide the ABS sensor back into postion,the washer has to go between the sensor and the metal plate that holds it,in effect moving it closer to the drum therefore reducing the airgap,it is fiddly but worth doing yourself. remember while its apart to clean the metal copper coloured drum that faces the sensor.this will cure your problem and save you some money.

·
Registered
821 Posts
place the washer on the metal plate,then slide the ABS sensor back into postion,the washer has to go between the sensor and the metal plate that holds it,in effect moving it closer to the drum therefore reducing the airgap,it is fiddly but worth doing yourself.
Hmm, im trying to imagine this in my head now, and all i can imagine is this actually increasing the gap between the abs sensor and wheel hub, as you are infact fixing the sensor futher away by inserting the washer between it and the plate? :confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The washer goes against plate,then you fix the sensor over it, then you have to get the bolt through the sensor,washer and plate and do it up,like i say it is really fiddly but worth the savings you'll make.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, Managed to do this today, drove round the block and light went out :) ten seconds later though i get braking fault, abs fault and handbrake light on again :( peugeot recalled it in 08 and i have had problems as long as i owned the car, so in my mind they havent properly fixed a problem they anticipated? would i have a leg to stand on with trading standards? might take front wheel and lining off and have a look at pump, are there any megafuses in there? had front brakes done a few months back and they are squeaking now, if that has any relevance?.
My friend plugged it in and got 2 faults, dont know the codes:
1, Permanent rear rh wheel speed sensor signal coherence
2, Permanent recirculation pump. pump seized, open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth.
My blowers are constantly blowing out air even when switched off please tell me it is this and not the abs pump? surely it would say abs pump? PLEASE someone help i need someone who has had experience in this all most people wanna do is plug it in and charge me to tell me the faults i know about! sick of throwing money at it feel like going and causing a scene over my local peugeot dealership as all i get from then is we would have fixed it during the recall and will charge you £85 to tell me whats wrong and that its nothing to do with them! when it obviously is! sorry im rambling, think this bloody 307 has tipped me over the edge!!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Im new and a little confused here

Hey everyone, I've posted on here as I cant see to post a new topic or send a personal message (probably because I'm New) so I thought I'd revamp this one as its the same question re ABS Pug 307 03 plate
has anyone solved the ABS Light staying on,
I've had the sensor and hub changed and one garage no joy lotsa money, then diagnostic tests and investigations at 2 other garages, more money no joy,

please help if possible...

D

·
0 Posts
Hey everyone, I've posted on here as I cant see to post a new topic or send a personal message (probably because I'm New) so I thought I'd revamp this one as its the same question re ABS Pug 307 03 plate
has anyone solved the ABS Light staying on,
I've had the sensor and hub changed and one garage no joy lotsa money, then diagnostic tests and investigations at 2 other garages, more money no joy,

please help if possible...
What fault codes?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts