Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been away for holiday for the past three weeks (car parked up) drove 3 miles the ABS light came on? stopped for fuel and it went off, carried on driving it didnt come back on for miles, then came on stated abs fault on the display then went back off (light) we stopped for fuel it went off and didnt come on again for a 200 plus mile journey..

any thoughts??

cheers in advance

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can clean the abs sensor mounting surface without removing the caliper and disc, by working trough a wheel mounting hole and behind the disc.

Holt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i noted that, which would you recommend? rather do it properly but dont want to big a job but pretty handy with a spanner (my opinion) rather have it right, just my washer bottle to sort :-( great car mind...

·
Registered
402 Posts
My skills with tools aren't that bad too as a machine fitter, after hammering the rust flakes with hammer and a screwdriver i had been fond of, i used the end of a file as a scraper. at last i applied some copper grease at the surface to slow the new attack, that starts as soon as you stop scraping :mad:

Holt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RESULT! thanks to 'holt' + others for the advise took the sensors off cleaned off all the rust amazed how much there was, started with a hammer, then a chisel then a screwdriver then a small file and finished with some sand paper got it as clean as i could cleaned the sensors (carefully) put it all back together (carefully) and hey presto 19 miles later no ABS light :)

To add i did it without taking the disc off (fiddly) but much easier and all is well again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts