Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, 2002/52 1.6 glx automatic, petrol, i left a thread about a gearbox problem some months back [did,nt get any response] so hopefully somebody can shed some light now??, had car plugged in and theres a list as long as your arm, but here goes, car has been stood with little use over the last 6 months, codes cleared and driven then read, 1/ fault in pressure regulation [variation recommendation] 2/ motorised butterfly coherence[me745] cruise contol/speed limiter [rvv/lvv] coherence.3/ vehicle speed transmitted by the abs [can] intermitent fault. 4/ 2 seperate readings but left and right rear wheel sensor signal fault [permanent] ????, ooh err!! heeeeeelp!!!! .car drives lovely other wise!! i can give more info if needed and what has been changed.:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try this post.

ABS problem possible solution. Worked for me. Seems likely the rear sensor cables are shorting at the point they join the loom going forward.

Allan D:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have now stripped down left and right rears cleaned behind hub to get rid of rust and brake cleaned, cleared codes and driven for a few miles, only near side showing now so seem to be going in right direction with this possibly, can someone tell me if we have cleaned the right area on the brakes to possibly rectify the rear abs problem ??, is it the back of the hub or underneath where the sensor sits onto the back plate where the 5mm allen key bolt attaches that you clean the rust of ????,thanks:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to remove the sensor from the back plate and then clean the rust away from the front and back where the sensor seats on the back plate and the edge of the backplate where the sensor clip slides on. Clean the pick up ring thoroughly by pressing a rag soaked in brake cleaner or switch cleaner between the backplate and on to the inside of the ring, spin the hub while pressing on the ring with the cloth to remove any dirt. Put sensor back on and do up the allen screw,check the gap between the sensor and the ring should not be more than 2 mm and def not touching. You may have to shim it out behind the screw with a small thin washer to narrow the gap.

Hope this helps

Allan D:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the car !!,hate the faults!!

hi allan, sorry i didnt get back to you, busy with other things , thanks for the abs info i am getting a mechanic friend to have a look this week so fingers crossed!!, then i,ve got the automatic gearbox fault to contend with, if you get a chance have a look at my posting for that .think it was just titled 307 automatic gearbox fault/problem, changed every thing and peugeot re code but keeps going into limp home mode, usually only from cold the light comes on and gives 3rd only but driveable as has a torque convertor, i,ve been told its a low oil pressure!!, cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts