Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three faults in regards to ABS. One is a mystery, first two I would say 100% is simply the rear abs sensor, there is only one isnt there...?

Third one Im not so sure.....

REAR LH WHEEL SENSOR, OPEN CIRCUIT
ABS REGULATING YES
BRAKE PEDAL PRESSED NO
SPEED 61.3 KPH

REAR RH WHEEL SENSOR, OPEN CIRCUIT
ABS REGULATING NO
BRAKE PEDAL PRESSED NO
SPEED 59.7 KPH

INCORRECT SONIC WHEEL ON ONE OF THE FOUR WHEELS, COHERENCE
ABS REGULATING YES
BRAKE PEDAL PRESSED NO
SPEED 99.3 KPH

D

·
0 Posts
Check the airgap on the rear wheel speed sensors. Check the wiring from the left hand rear one as they are prone to rubbing off the exhaust heat shield.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The cable has snapped on my left rear sensor, I'm going to finish repairing tomorrow.

Will the fault from the on screen display and dashboard clear once the fault has been fixed? (no matter what the fault is but as long as its fixed) Or will it need to be reset using Planet P2000?

Cheers,

Mike

J

·
0 Posts
Some self reset, some clear after half a dozen start/stops, and unfortunately some need PP to reset... not too much help really, but suck it and see really once repaired :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I cleaned the ring on the back of the hub today, as much as I could without removing the caliper and brake disc.

Is it worth removing the brake disc and caliper? There didn't seem to be any rust but there was a gunge that was difficult to remove.

Does the surface of the hub need to be a shiny silver metal? Or can the sensor cope with a bit of grime?

Also, what size torx bit and socket bit is required to remove both the caliper and the disc if I do need to do this and I take it this will require bleeding the brakes too?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
320 Posts
You don't need to remove the caliper or discs,just use a long 5mm allen key through one of the holes that holds your wheel on to remove the sensor,if its a little sticky just tap it in,they get cloogged with road grime,you can normally just use carb cleaner or some other solvent to cut through all the grease and grime,you should see the ring that faces the sensor become shiny,and you need to make sure the gap between the sensor and the hub is as small as poss without rubbing ofcourse,peugeot say about 1.5mm but i have found that to be too big,so you may need to put a washer in behind the sensor before bolting it back on.hope this helps.:thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for your help everyone. Problem is now fixed!

It was a broken wire on the rear left sensor. Someone has previously done a bodge join (wrapped two bare wires together and wrapped some gaffer 'round it).

I've now joined it with proper connectors, solder and covered it with electrical tape and cable conduit protector.

Thanks for everyones help!

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts