Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this topic has been covered many times before. when i start car the abs light is not on until i move the car then light comes on, originally it would flash stop but i clean both rear sensors and adjusted gap and that stopped the STOP light flashing. I have jacked each wheel up individually and spun the wheel but cant get the light to come on but as soon as i drive again it comes back on, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no diagnostics done, just trying to avoid dealer charges, i have a autel aa101 abs scantool but 2001 diesel isnt obdII compliant. just thought id check online for some ideas before taking to dealer. I can probably get hold of lexia software, will this help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the gap is important but i thort when i spun the wheel whilst jacked up with the engine running this would put light on

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not necessarily. Point is the chances are the ecu is not receiving a signal from one of the wheels if the light is coming on when you drive. Otherwise if there was a circuit fault then it will normally pick this up as soon as you start the car and put the light on.
If this was the case and you are missing a wheel speed signal then a plug in would help identify the wheel/s with the missing signal. Also you would be able to see the wheel sensor feedback in the live data. It can be found manually with an oscilloscope I have had to do it in the past but is a lot more work.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
strange but this might be your tyres are they all the same ie 205/50/17 i had the error in my car abs sensors all checked and 100% then i was told about the tyres and i had 205/45/17 and that made the abs fault come on changed the tyres back to 205/50/17 and no faults :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts