Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She passed! Somehow....

I've got a few advisories I'd like to sort out...

1) Stop lamp has light sources not illuminating, but not more than 50% centre.

Shall i just get one from eBay? EDIT: Loose connection - working

2) Brake hydraulic reservoir flush close to minimum level

Can i just top it up with DOT4?

3) Anti-roll Bar linkage has slight play in ball joint offside front

Is it best to just replace this as they are cheap

4) Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement nearside front lower

5) Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement offside front lower

I've got a knocking noise coming front the drivers side only, could it be as a result of 5)? how would i know which to buy and it is reasonably easily replaced?

Cheers all.

·
5,630 Posts
Noise i would think is more likely from 3 drop link. They have a loud knock when they fail. You can replace bushes in lower arms but often cheaper to replace whole arm

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
She passed! Somehow....

If it's corroded start looking for a replacement.

Whip the wheels off and check for brake pad wear first.

A new one will almost certainly cure the knocking noise

4) Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement nearside front lower

Don't worry, rubbers can appear quite bad before they deteriorate to the extent they allow excess play.

5) Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement offside front lower

As Q 4.

I've got a knocking noise coming front the drivers side only,

No, #3 is the offending item.

Cheers all.
Remember an mot only means a car met a few minimum requirements ON THE DAY OF THE TEST, it does not mean the car is in good shape.
Any car that has had a proper service by a competent mechanic with all shortcomings addressed will breeze through an mot test.

Roger.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remember an mot only means a car met a few minimum requirements ON THE DAY OF THE TEST, it does not mean the car is in good shape.
Any car that has had a proper service by a competent mechanic with all shortcomings addressed will breeze through an mot test.

Roger.
Agreed. It was recently serviced too.

I just want to sort all of these points out and need a bit of help understanding what they actually are.... Suspension in particular. Cheers

·
Registered
441 Posts
She passed! Somehow....

Shall i just get one from eBay? EDIT: Loose connection - working

Is it best to just replace this as they are cheap

I've got a knocking noise coming front the drivers side only, could it be as a result of 5)? how would i know which to buy and it is reasonably easily replaced?

Cheers all.

Replace the whole lower wishbone arms....much easier, do what Windy pointed out.

not much fun trying to just replace the bushes in the arms.

and make sure your COMPETENT! lol :nod: Can't have novices here asking for help? :eek: lol:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts