Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've recently Coe into possession of a very cheap 307. It's the 2.0l 110 rapier and I'm currently going through what I call teething problems.

To give you a full rundown on the situation the car was obtained from the other halfs dad. It had been stood for the last 2 years as it had an impact with a manhole cove that had been put in the a hole vertically as apposed to horizontal (my interpretation of what it would be expected to be described). I've got the car running and am currently in the process of dealing with front discs and pads, drop links, track rod ends as I'm getting noises that indicate they are the first port of call.

Alongside these issues I also have the chirping sound that is often due to the DMF. I was hoping that the culprit for this would be related to the fact it has been stood for so long. I've heard about inspecting the flywheel by removing the starter motor and checking how it looks. I'm no mechanic so im askimg would it be possible to check the flywheel edfectively by removing starter motor and if so what sort of things am I looking out for and if it could be related to it being stood is it possible to lubricate the moving parts without taking the box out. The car has 83k on clock and I'm the 3rd owner. The girlfriends dad got the car at about 5 years old so I'm optimistic that it hasn't been ragged to death.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
my new release bearing makes a chirping sound

it doesnt even have a dmf

you can take the starter motor out but its the actual springs you need to look at which cant be seen that way

·
Registered
19 Posts
my 406 110 hdi has a chirping noise coming from the flywheel i only hear it just as i start to accelerate to decelerate i've heard of a few people who have had the same problem and they seem to run for thousands of miles like this so i'm leaving mine alone until it gets worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my 406 110 hdi has a chirping noise coming from the flywheel i only hear it just as i start to accelerate to decelerate i've heard of a few people who have had the same problem and they seem to run for thousands of miles like this so i'm leaving mine alone until it gets worse.
Yeah it would seem they can last for thousands of miles I don't intend on changing it just yet. Was hoping it could be rescued fairly easily or is it one if those "once it starts there's no stopping it"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts