Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,
My car is an 2003 307 2.0 litre petrol XSEA (Australian model) 4 speed auto.

Can someone give me an idea of the correct oil to use in this transmission please.
I would like to attempt to change my own oil as the dealer prices are getting to be rediculous.
According to the W/S manual it's quite straight forward.
I have had a look at the specs and the info states it requires ESSO 4HP20-AL4 but this seems to be impossible to get.
Yet looking at the on line W/S manual for this box it states it needs an LT71141 spec oil.

I wouild also like to know if there is an alternative to the horrendously expensive power steering oil.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Peppipug

D

·
0 Posts
This is a weak gearbox. Its wise to use the oil reccommended. Also there is a special procedue to change it. And afterwards the oil degradation setting needs to be reset in the gearbox ecu.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a weak gearbox. Its wise to use the oil reccommended. Also there is a special procedue to change it. And afterwards the oil degradation setting needs to be reset in the gearbox ecu.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Hello David....thanks for your unput.
Yes, I know of the proceedure and the oil sensor reset.
Our car has done 135,000klm now without trouble but we did have the solenoid set in the box replaced under warranty because of hard shifting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the procedure to reset the gearbox sensor. I think I will need to change the oil in 307 1.6 auto (is seven years old and covered 45K Miles) thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts