Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
307 2L HDI Power Loss/Turbo Issues

Hi all,

I have a 2004 307 2L HDI 110 (DPF) 138K and for several weeks now have been driving with power loss/no turbo.

OBD codes P0246 - Low turbo pressure I believe.

The old girl seems okay up to around 50MPH but then seems to take an age to reach 70MPH, however I can still reach top speeds albeit with the help of a few downward hills.

For the benefit of the tape top speeds were achieved on private roads :p

Anything uphill is a struggle and acceleration is slow.

I have swapped MAF and MAP sensors to no avail and my next step was to replace the turbo boost valve/solenoid.

However this is where my confusion is, firstly is this the correct part - ECP list what I think it is as a Pierburg Pressure Converter. Secondly, if this is correct where is it located - I can see a few solenoids above the RHS driveshaft but which one is it?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2004 307 2L HDI 110 (DPF) 138K and for several weeks now have been driving with power loss/no turbo.

OBD codes P0246 - Low turbo pressure I believe.

The old girl seems okay up to around 50MPH but then seems to take an age to reach 70MPH, however I can still reach top speeds albeit with the help of a few downward hills.

For the benefit of the tape top speeds were achieved on private roads :p

Anything uphill is a struggle and acceleration is slow.

I have swapped MAF and MAP sensors to no avail and my next step was to replace the turbo boost valve/solenoid.

However this is where my confusion is, firstly is this the correct part - ECP list what I think it is as a Pierburg Pressure Converter. Secondly, if this is correct where is it located - I can see a few solenoids above the RHS driveshaft but which one is it?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!
what condition is the dpf if it has one, when was the air filter last changed, if it has no dpf do you get and smoke or soot? maybe try drive with maf unplugged what happens then? try disconnect rubber pipe to egr and put something in the rubber pipe so stop it leaking vacuum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Not sure about DPF but additive and fuel cap sensor have both been done in last 18 months or so.

Just picked up service items as it's due November so will do over weekend.

Already checked maf and replaced no improvement same with map sensor.

Am I completely barking up the wrong tree with the turbo boost valve.

I'll try suggestion regarding EGR valve, where is it located in relation the maf/air box?

Cheers

·
6,448 Posts
Check all vac pipes for leaks and also disconnect pipe from vac pump and squirt some wd 40 or light oil into vac pump and see what happens

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds as if the ECU is simply switching off the turbo, that sounds like the performance of a HDi engine with no turbo. Believe me I know :D

Vacuum system is the usual culprit though I'd expect turbo position errors as well. Perhaps watch the live data for the turbo, especially the electrovalve open cycle ratio (that's the turbo solenoid). It should basically be the same as the turbo reference value.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all the advice.

Well yesterday checked all pipes/connections and could not see anything obvious.

Also, I looked through paperwork and oil and fuel filter were done with mot but couldn't see record of air filter. Anyway swapped it out and left it at that as bought service bites the other day.

Went to drive to work this morning and now have an anti-pollution fault :( and oil level on dash showing as low.

Could changing the air filter really have resulted in this?

###update - disconnected battery hoping it might magically resolve issues, still got ant-pollution fault but oil level now reading correct###

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive got same problem with my peugeot 307 sw 110 2.0 diesel.
Ive had this in with Peugeot but they have come back with turbo pressure lower than reference value. Turbo solenoid and pipes replaced, air filter and fuel filter replaced. Still feels like eternity to get upto speed.
Ive tried cleaning MAF and driving with MAF sensor off but no difference. I dont have any smoke or soot coming from it and havent got any warning lights either.

My oil dipstick keeps popping out, ive read that the engine cover pops it out but mines securely in place.

Any ideas as to this problem?

·
6,448 Posts
Check the one/two (dependent on 110 or with DPF) doser valves and pipework they can sometimes fail shut and strangle the boost

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you windy1603 and reliable406 for your reply. I will get my car on ramps over the weekend and have a good look at both your responses and post back my findings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long overdue update... checked all pipes with no visible cracks or splits, all pipes are connected and attached firmly.

Oil leak noticed from back of engine, further investigation found my rocker cover/ camshaft cover seal had perished and was an absolute pain to change whilst i was there i changed cam shaft sensor. No oil was present on timing belt which was sigh of relief as thought that would be covered in it.

MAF sensor replaced with no difference to the engine.

Ive looked at the manuals and images and noticed i have two oil fill caps🤔😳 so unsure as to where oil will need to be filled up once i do oil change. One is one rocker cover/camshaft cover other is on down pipe from rocker cover...

Moving on from that, turbo solenoid (vaccum) from what i can tell depending on if im looking at the right thing front of engine near radiator and alternator there are four of these valves/solenoids. Are these the right things im looking at? Ill try to upload images if needed.

Still to this point i still have lack of power

·
6,448 Posts
The front cap with the yellow oil can is the filling point, the second (rear) filler is just shared engines & parts between models the second filler is fitted due to the 307 bulkhead

·
Registered
11 Posts
So codes i have on my diagnostic tools (i dont have PP2000) two of these codes are not recognized so will seek guidance from you gurus. Google doesnt come up with anything
P0100
P0110
P1458
P0246
P1519

Attachments

·
6,448 Posts
I would double check the solenoids are correctly plugged in Turbo Grey Plug, EGR Blue Plug. Then check under bonnet fuse box fuses F1 & F15 for power etc as these powers up a lot of the engine sensors.

Then its wiring check between ecu and sensors and power to ecu pins from fuse box

1 - 20 of 24 Posts