Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just purchased shall we say a 307 with more problems than I new about when I handed over the cash. Well my car has no speedo only the handbrake light and seatbelt symbols show on the instrument panel and on the trip computer it shows 'abs fault ' anti pollution fault breakin fault. Took car to get a diagnostic today because the car has no power what so ever it will not rev above 3000 n tbh I can walk quicker than this car travels. Does anyone know if this sounds like it's in limp mode? Also when I had diagnostic it came back with sonethin to do with airbag which I no about a handbrake switch I no about somethin to do with abs sensor n that's about it could this be why the anti pollution fault has come up And Its in limp mode. After reading up all over the net most people are sayin the anti pollution fault is down to exhausts n turbo not stupid thongs like what the diagnostic has bought up. Can someone plz help me :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post up all the pcodes and faults.
Can't help otherwise. :nono:
P0571 - cruise control/brake switch a circuit malfunction
P0190 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction
192 - left side air bag activated
144 - rear left side air bag and curtain airbag squibs open circuit

Then on another page there is no code just says -
Front right wheel speed sensor open circuit
- relay for solenoid valve

Hope this helps

·
Registered
546 Posts
P0571 - cruise control/brake switch a circuit malfunction
P0190 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction
192 - left side air bag activated
144 - rear left side air bag and curtain airbag squibs open circuit

Then on another page there is no code just says -
Front right wheel speed sensor open circuit
- relay for solenoid valve

Hope this helps
do you read this with peugeot planet or any other reader?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did all this happen suddenly?
Sorry about keeP quoting you but my phone for some reason wnt let me do a quick reply :(

Well I dnt no... I basically got ripped off n going through trading standards.

I purchased the car on Tuesday from a garage we test drove the car & we new breaks needed doin because when u breaker it hydrated and vibrated badly so assumed warped discs. Also the seats air bag had been deployed also. The trip computer was not on n he told us they was broke n needed a new one so thought fair enough. On way home noticed speedo did not work or instrument panel then on the way to scrap yard my partner tried takin the clocks that tell u the problems n it was d/c so they was not broke just d/c so we could not see all the faults it bought it. So could not tell u if it happened suddenly or not.. I now no y he took us around a 20 mph zone to test drive the car because it had no power :(

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sorry about keeP quoting you but my phone for some reason wnt let me do a quick reply :(

Well I dnt no... I basically got ripped off n going through trading standards.

I purchased the car on Tuesday from a garage we test drove the car & we new breaks needed doin because when u breaker it hydrated and vibrated badly so assumed warped discs. Also the seats air bag had been deployed also. The trip computer was not on n he told us they was broke n needed a new one so thought fair enough. On way home noticed speedo did not work or instrument panel then on the way to scrap yard my partner tried takin the clocks that tell u the problems n it was d/c so they was not broke just d/c so we could not see all the faults it bought it. So could not tell u if it happened suddenly or not.. I now no y he took us around a 20 mph zone to test drive the car because it had no power :(
go to trading standard and back to the garage because by law they must repair this or back your money,car shoulby ok if not you need about 800 for repair

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
go to trading standard and back to the garage because by law they must repair this or back your money,car shoulby ok if not you need about 800 for repair
Rang the garage he was not intrested n told me not too ring his number again so spoke with ts today and they told me to write a letter etc n give him 10 days to reply. Tbh I see this goin to court.. Started some repairs today had drop link bars done and breaks today obviously saved receipts etc for trading standards.. I just dnt no what fault the diagnostic bought up woukd bring the anti pollution up

·
Registered
546 Posts
fuel rail sensor do the antypolution fault,clean connector on the rail pressure sensor,break switch is on the main brake mechanism and check the connector on air bag under seat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fuel rail sensor do the antypolution fault,clean connector on the rail pressure sensor,break switch is on the main brake mechanism and check the connector on air bag under seat
So the above faults would put the anti pollution fault on? Once it's been done will th power just come back or will it need resetting first for the power ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i have seen these faults:

P0571 - cruise control/brake switch a circuit malfunction - new switch should sort this out £4 from a dealer

P0190 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction - this could be just the plug as i seen this on a car just last week and had a quick scan over the engine bay and it was red plug was not pushed in the last owner may have had a tunning box fitted and forgot to push this back on but i did and code was gone.

i would guess when you replace your switch, and sort out right wheel speed sensor your car should have the power back tho i would get the car back on the computer and give it another scan to be on the safe side :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today went to Peugeot we now no we hve a small diesel leak from the diesel re heater box could this cause low diesel pressure? We are fitting new speed sensor today and new indicator stalk. Have also fitted a new handbrake light switch and still handbrake light stays on? Any ideas... Thanks

i have seen these faults:

P0571 - cruise control/brake switch a circuit malfunction - new switch should sort this out £4 from a dealer

P0190 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction - this could be just the plug as i seen this on a car just last week and had a quick scan over the engine bay and it was red plug was not pushed in the last owner may have had a tunning box fitted and forgot to push this back on but i did and code was gone.

i would guess when you replace your switch, and sort out right wheel speed sensor your car should have the power back tho i would get the car back on the computer and give it another scan to be on the safe side :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
repair leaking and replace switch nr 5
Sorry little confused we have diesel leak from pipe goin to diesel re heater and repllaced handbrake light switch but handbrake light is still on the dash near the mph? The switch we replaced is it the cruise control / break switch a that came up on the diagnostic or would this be another sensor/ switch

Also my boyfriend replaced the abs/speed sensor. When ever this sensor Is plugged in my speedometer reads incorrectly but whn unplugged it reads fine, would this be the pick up ring on the drive shaft?

J

·
0 Posts
Magma - think you are getting confused with brake light switch - Mel is on about the handbrake light :thumb:

If you don't mind me asking, just how much did you pay him for the car??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts