Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i recently bought and installed an android 8.1 gps/multimedia device where the old RT3 radio with 5 cd-changer used to be and i have lost a bunch on functions of my cars computer;
it came with a can-bus box for 307, its a 307 from 2005 petrol (i have bin asked before cc or sw but i could not tell u, it has no other markings on the outside except for 307), and i can use the radio steering wheel stick to adjust some music in the andriod, but thats about it
i will now list what functions i lost as far as i can recall
-the big collor display does not work or power on
-the travel computer does not work when i press the button for it, i have seen it work with other ppl on that android device
-no warning like seatbelts, cardoor, warnings about cuirsecontrol and such
-airco no longer knows temp, the automatic option just idles unlike before where it would sound like jet engine after hot day in sun
-and i miss having clock

from what i seen is that the andriod unit always was installed on the smaller orange and black displays, it not end of the world if it dont work but a bit of eye sore that big display not working, do i need to trade it for a small display so maybe stuff will work or is it built into the whole car and i took out half of the computer ?

·
5,633 Posts
I think the screen is powered up by the RT3 via a slave harness you may need to splice this into the radio feeds or via electrical aerial feed if available on the new head unit to power it up.

Also try disconnecting data line connections to head unit in case its a VAN/CAN fault stopping comms between A/C and other ecu's

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Big screen is powered directly from RT3 it sends data from head unit to display so you have basically taken out half the computer.

It can be retrofited with the small display but it would need a bit of rewiring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts