Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 307 drivers side window has began to struggle to close when I try to close it. It opens fine, but it just goes up a couple of inches, then stops until I try the switch again and again until it's closed.
Got the fear that next time it'll stay open!
Any advice appreciated.

·
11,778 Posts
Have you had the battery off? There is a reset procedure, I think you hold the up button in for ten seconds when the window is fully up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, the battery hasn't been out or disconnected, everything fully charged up.
I never use the remote keyfob to close the windows, only use the switch on the inside of the door. Normally operate the auto/single action to close it fully.
It's been fine for a few years, but the last couple of weeks, it seems to be struggle to lift, like it's slipping. Only moves up about 2 inches, then it stops until I flick the switch again. It takes about six or seven on-off's to get it to close fully.

·
11,778 Posts
Try the tip in the link I posted then clean the switch - a can of compressed air to get out the crud then electrical contact cleaner on a little pipe into the switch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2005 1.6hdi also and I had the same problem but with the passenger window.

If you are technical at all I can explain how I fixed mine.

I took mine out of the door, and opened it up and found the circuit board and the contactor pad were dirty. Bad contact on a circuit board will definitely make things play up.

If you need more help I have a spare broken window switch I can take pictures apart and show you with pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah mine I took apart was the one in the driver door arm rest.

and if you go to a breakers yard to get another instead of taking apart to clean, make sure its got the folding mirror button if your current one is equipped.

It should be around a tenner to buy a used one if you dont wanna take yours apart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
did you fix yours or is that why you have one for photos lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I bought one from a breakers to just do a quick fix, got it out of a 02 SW and it wasnt till I got home I realized it didnt have the folding option. So I decided I might as well take apart my already broken one and see the similarities between the board I had, and the board in the one without folding. And believe it or not, very very similar.

So as long as I had it opened already I noticed it was quite dirty so I cleaned it and it worked.

So basically yes to both your answers, haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts