Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a 307 cc 2004 and having read a few posts I managed to find out that the software system is 5.4.1 RT3...

Is there a way I can update this software myself? I understand that if I do I will then be able to upload the most recent maps ( I m in the UK)

I need to travel soon and all this seems a bit daunting so any help would be very much appreciated

Best

Dion

·
6,425 Posts
A brief hello in the new members section would be nice !

Yes you can you need to download the correct update disc image, Burn to a CD and then put it into the Player.

You can brick the unit if you do it wrong. Key Points

• Double check disk after burning (check readable on PC etc)
  • Battery needs to be fully charged and/or car running (you need to avoid entering eco mode while updating)
  • Remove any SIM card to prevent incoming calls or txt during update
  • leave disk in unit even if ejected as it will eject and reload up to 3 times. (Unit will reboot and shown normal screen on completion)
you can get a copy of the Disk Image for VAN (V5.x software) from below link

RT3 (VAN) SoftWare 552.iso (113,44 MB) - uploaded.net

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!

A brief hello in the new members section would be nice !

Yes you can you need to download the correct update disc image, Burn to a CD and then put it into the Player.

You can brick the unit if you do it wrong. Key Points

• Double check disk after burning (check readable on PC etc)
  • Battery needs to be fully charged and/or car running (you need to avoid entering eco mode while updating)
  • Remove any SIM card to prevent incoming calls or txt during update
  • leave disk in unit even if ejected as it will eject and reload up to 3 times. (Unit will reboot and shown normal screen on completion)
you can get a copy of the Disk Image for VAN (V5.x software) from below link

RT3 (VAN) SoftWare 552.iso (113,44 MB) - uploaded.net

Hi Windy1603...thanks for the feedback about the introductory thread and your detailed, excellent guidance on updating the software.

I (only) have a CD burner at work and cant wait to try it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, I know I shouldn't join on another post but I just wanted to see if this was the latest update as I'm now the proud owner of a 2004 307cc ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.