Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear washer not working: Pipe clear: Motor not activating when rear washer switch on stem is turned-on (momentary switch): Front washer is working (motor activates when switched-on): Both wipers work:

Schematic shows a circuit that I cannot locate which seems to have polarity switching relays for the single motor but not sure if they are solid state or analogue (replaceable): Otherwise it may be the switch on the stem: If so can it be repaired or must the whole Indicator/Washer switch module be replaced.

Advice please.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rear washer not working: Pipe clear: Motor not activating when rear washer switch on stem is turned-on (momentary switch): Front washer is working (motor activates when switched-on): Both wipers work:

Schematic shows a circuit that I cannot locate which seems to have polarity switching relays for the single motor but not sure if they are solid state or analogue (replaceable): Otherwise it may be the switch on the stem: If so can it be repaired or must the whole Indicator/Washer switch module be replaced.

Advice please.
Don't know the 307 very well, but on a multiplexed car it's most likely two relays in the engine bay fuse box.

It could be one of the relays is dead/stuck (or the bit of electronics telling it to turn on, based on messages on the bus) The relays asually wired such that both relays at rest connect ground on both wires to the pump. Depending on if you want front or rear wash, one of the relays switch and connect one of the lines to +12V while the other remains at rest and connects to ground.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Have you checked if the rear pump motor is actually working?
While not too familiar with the 307, I'd be surprised if it had individual pumps for front and rear. Usually both are served by one motor/pump, with two outlets, and which one gets the water is determined by spin direction (which is determined by polarity of the power supply). Going by the pics off eBay ads that looks to be the case for the 307.
A separate, higher pressure, pump is normally used for the headlight washers though, if the car has those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes: there is a single washer pump for both front and rear windows which appears to be controlled by polarity:

I will look again for the relay pair:

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes: there is a single washer pump for both front and rear windows which appears to be controlled by polarity:

I will look again for the relay pair:

Thanks
From what I've heard/read (not been digging into the fuse box myself) on the 206 they're smaller, not the 'standard Bosch style', and soldered to a circuit board in the fuse box.

Happy hunting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts