Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Am looking to buy my mrs a 2001 307HDI 90 rapier. It has 133k full service history and looks really well. My only issue is he seller says she struggles to get it into reverse. She said her partner can get it fine but she struggles.

I'm thinking linkage as all other gears are fine and it is possible to actually get it into reverse its just a challenge.

Hs anyone any experience of this? Am I wrong in thinking linkage? Anyone know the price for it fixing?

I've heard of it in 406's but not the 307's. any help welcomed :)

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Im pretty sure all 307s are cable select so linkage is unlikely clutch drag could be the problem

Is it crunching when trying to get reverse or is it just refusing ?
Does it go in reverse with engine turned off?

Does she have a weak wrist :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Im pretty sure all 307s are cable select so linkage is unlikely clutch drag could be the problem

Is it crunching when trying to get reverse or is it just refusing ?
Does it go in reverse with engine turned off?

Does she have a weak wrist :)
100% defo a cable on these and if cable comes off you cant get it into gear at all so either gear box or clutch

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
also cables are £120 I know because mine is broke so I tied it on with a bit of metal coat hanger and 4 months on still holding so my temp fix might just be a perm one lol
i'd touch wood if i were you... because now you've said it, it will come off when your going down the motorway...or thats how my luck is lol

·
11,722 Posts
There's plenty around, and prices are rock bottom at the moment, so shop around.

Try and avoid the Rapier if you can, its pretty basic. Look for an LX or GLX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts