Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Newbie here and was wondering if any of you could help with a problem of mine...

I broke down on the M11 the other night. My 307 is a 2.0L HDI 110, from 2003 and with 60k miles. Runs like a dream usually.

I am getting an anti-pollution fault, and the engine management light is also coming on. The recovery man seemed to think it was the cat converter that had failed. The car suddenly lost power, wouldn't rev and felt very jumpy.

After pulling over a smell of sulphur was coming out from under the bonnet.

I've just running the engine which seemed ok but once hot (90 deg c) the anti pollution fault came on again (alone with engine manage light) and the exhaust was letting out a thick smoke which smelt of burning.

I've had a quote to replace the cat converters (2 out of 3) and that comes in parts alone at over 400 quid. I basically don't want to replace the cats to find out it's something else. My mechanic says he has no way to check the cats out and can only change and hope for the best?!

Thanks for your help in advance :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
You will need it diagnosed on peugeot planet for a exact fault code/codes. Anti-pullution is fairly generic!
Plenty of helpful people on here have this facility and sure theres someone near you that will do it for a very fair price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to arrange a diagnostic tomorrow. Just hope it can be sorted easily and not drag on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
search this site dpf removal or unblock diesel filter or anti pollution fault and read up id advise removing it i can reccomend a guy who will do it for u if u dont want to do it urself hes bristol way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts