Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In an attempt to fix yet another turbo boost leak I am looking to do the bypass using 406/C5 parts.

Can anyone tell me if these are the parts that I need?

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yep that's what you need there tho you might need to cut the tab on the bottom intercooler so it might be best to get a second bottom boost hose as this might need to be trimmed abit for it to fit the tab I mean is the one at the end with it sticking up not the one in the middle :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CMax do you mean the turbo end?

I did woinder also whether the standard boost pipe that connects the turbo to the bottom intercooler pipe would be ok as this pipe in the picture looks like it will sit at an angle.

Any idea?

Cheers again.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the other end, the bottom boost hose will fit just remember to trim it tiny bit at a time and you be good, on mine I had to turn the turbo outlet to the turbo back a bit this is not hard to do you just release the 4 x 10mm bolts and turn it back a tiny bit the do up the 4x 10mm bolts again

I think I have a pictures somewhere when I done mine its not that hard to do

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if you plan to remove the EGR and the rear doser and front doser you would be best to remove it I did, just one thing go and get a 90bhp vac pipe from the pump to the servo its the one that clips into place this helps keep the system simple and you have one outlet rather than two if you remove the vac reservoir :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cmax for the reply.

I shall keep an eye out for a 90 in the scrappers. My local only has a 110 at the moment.

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
is this bypass kit available not seen it on the web

is there anything stopping my butchering the flap just in case its faulty. i have no fap or egr anyway

·
5,669 Posts
Bypass kit is not available it is just parts from non fap 110. The flap does close when cold to bypass intercooler to speed up warm up it should not affect power. The valve also shuts on switch off to stop shudder and to try and cut off air in the event of turbo failure and engine run away

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Took my hose of to see what was going on

After a run car temp at about 80 degrees the flap is almost closed this was at idle

When I turned the car off the doser is open ???

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i took the the dremel today. took the bypass off and cut the flap out. blanked off the vac pipe. seems to run smoother now :D

next is to redo the vac pipes to the turbo and servo to cut out all the blanked pipes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts