Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about turbo control solenoids and how long they last.

Basically, the car suddenly seemed to drive like a straight diesel unless the engine temp rose above 80 and then the turbo power came back. Eventually there was no turbo power at any engine temp.

Planet only shows one fault which is low turbo pressure.

I did some research and it seemed like it may be the turbo control solenoid even though I replaced it 16 months ago.

Today I've replaced the solenoid for a new one and the car is still the same with no turbo / low turbo pressure.

I have checked all vac pipes except the one from solenoid to turbo as it runs above the lower uiintercooler pipe but I have checked it at the turbo end it it seems ok. Also checked the vac reservoir.

Car has no DPF as it has been gutted and programmed out.

Please can anyone think of anything else that could be causing this as I am at a loss.

Many thanks
Pete

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pete

are you still getting a low boost in on planet? if you are it could be a broken wire half way up the plug I had this but the wire was broken inside the wire its self like someone bent it to cause a kink and broke the wire maybe its the same as yours as when the engine heats up the wire touched to make a loop?

also make sure that the outlet on the valve goes to the wastegate on the turbo and not on VAC ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's most likely the turbo electro valve yes, but it's also worth checking the vacuum pipe running around to the turbo actuator, or easier still run a new one and see if it makes any difference. As Cmax said make sure the pipes are the right way around, but if this is a new problem I expect they are.

Another thing worth checking is that the vacuum pipe is attached to the vacuum pump, these can fall off sometimes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys.

Yes I am still getting low turbo pressure coming up on planet.

It's a bit rainy at the moment but when it dries up I will check the wiring from the solenoid. Would running actuator test in Planet confirm that the wiring is good?

So far I've checked the vac pipe from pump to solenoid which connects to the top vac port on solenoid and replaced the solenoid. Next up is the pipe from solenoid to turbo. I'm not sure what else there is in the system. I am going to strip the vacuum pump again to check it's clean. After this I'm really going to be stuck.

With this problem persisting, I am likely to do my doser bypass sooner than expected as I have the main parts now and then I could ditch 90% of the vac lines.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so today I decided to check the vac pump and vac pipe from solenoid to turbo.

Began with disconnecting the pipe from the solenoid underneath the car. I then connected a length of pipe to this pipe and sucked on the pipe and could hear a slight hissing noise.

Confident that I was on the right track I proceeded to remove the whole pipe from solenoid to turbo and found a split in the coonnector where it connects onto the turbo.

Replaced with a spare that I got on my last visit to the scrappers and hey presto the turbo is now working again.

Many thanks to those that have given me their input on this one.

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I agree Monty. I'm just glad I found it and even more glad that I had picked up some spares.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts