Peugeot Forums banner

307 2.0hdi wont start

13K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dashy_307 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am new here as I have a problem and hope someone might be able to help

my 307 hdi is failing to start. When turning the ignition on the fuel pump isnt priming. So I checked the voltage at the pump and it is only getting around 8v.

Next step I took was to feed a live wire straight to the fuel pump. The fuel pump primed but the car would still not start. I have checked that fuel is getting to the engine etc.

I have also checked the fuses and wiring around the fuse box and everything seems in order there. Another point to add is that it will fire on easy start.

does anyone have any suggestions on the next steps to take?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for quick responses!

Car cut out while driving. I performed steps I mentioned in previous post as I could not hear the fuel pump priming when switching the ignition on. Fuel pump is only getting 8 volts which should be 12 volts. When running a wire directly to the fuel pump, it works and pumps fuel to the engine. However the car still won't start. Car fired up on easy start. There is a beep when key is in the ignotion and door is open.

Car says "active economy" on the dash when ignition is on. Does this mean anything?

Connecting a diagnostic machine to it gives an error saying it cannot link to ecu, so I think this could possibly be an ecu fault? Will a faulty ecu cause low voltage at the pump?

Thanks for the help so far guys! Bit baffled on this one!

#6 ·
Some Diagnostic machines will not get connection to ecu in economy mode

Will come out of economy mode once started thats not the problem

Dont run wires to the pump you may well do more damage

The ecu is fed by a relay this also feeds the fuel pump it could be faulty it could also be a bad earth at the front somewhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.