Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the starter motor today with the big Bosch 1 and whilst i was there i thought I'd change the fuel filter and in my haste slipped off the screw and snapped the left pipe plastic, the Mrs is gonna kill me! I went to a few places to get a replacement and nobody has 1 so my options for now are a 3 pipe head type and block 1 pipe(seimons) or a 407 unit or a standard Ford type metal straight through.

Mine is the rhy type with 2 pipes on top and the electrical plug on top too, not sure if it is Bosch in which case will the 3 pipe type (seimons) or 407 type work??

What should i do??
Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, been out on a breakdown so not replied but i got overnight delivery to dealers 41 pounds all in will be more careful next time lol that cap screw ain't half tight!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tell me about it did mine at the weekend trapped my finger between the housing and engine hurt like hell then did it again on the next turn :eek: a few choice words :thumb:

least you got it sorted :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole thing went loosely in a vice and came off ok, the new top comes without the screw cap which i looked at taking off but didn't want to,i assumed it wasn't meant to but now i know it should that'll be more fun i think lol.
:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a carry on! New starter works a charm filter on and bleed car ran crappy for a while then anti pollution light came on, took for ever to find the obd socket til i ripped off the right panel lol i have been on it before too but trying to remember in a hurry as the mrs sat next to me frowning!
Plugged scanner in and no faults arrrrrr cleared the none faults anyway and it seems sweet.

The whole point of the new battery,filter and starter was due to it being lazy and slightly hunting,i just hope it isn't the injectors, we'll see
;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
try some BG244k if its running a bit rough, cured dads car it felt like an injector was down, chucked some of this stuff through and it still is running perfect, also use it in my cars, the 307 I have just bought was really rough to start with chucked this through after 20 miles of running it around it was a strange feeling it just seemed to ease up and the car became as responsive as you would expect it to be.

I even flushed the engine it was grim removed loads of crap

BG SERVICE PACK

mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts