Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the car on peugeot planet and the fault codes indicate insificient air flow, recently I have had the fuel injectors changed and there is no problems with the lifters, on start up it won't rev over 2k and struggles and then once the car is warm I have all power but the only problem is the turbo won't kick in till about 3200rpm, I have been told by the mechanic that the problem dosent lie with the maf sensor but I'm still non the wiser, he has mentioned that the problem is possibly the egr valve but I don't want to spend money on all the labour and then it not to be the egr valve, can anybody help? Thanks tom

D

·
0 Posts
What are the specific fault codes?
Also why did you change the injectors?
Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For peace of mind I went hunting around the local scrap yards in telford and managed to find a maf sensor that looked pretty much brand new so I thought I would change mine and see if it makes a difference, I still have the limp mode on start up but where before the anti-pollution light would come on and stay on it dissapereas for a second and then comes back up again, when the car is warm it does feel like I get the turbo sooner now about 2k revs.
I think I'm going to have to take it to main dealer and ask them to do another diagnostic and get the print out sheet to see if there is any other faults that could be causing this fault

·
11,778 Posts
You need Planet to do a diagnostic to see if the MAF sensor you bought is OK.

I replaced mine earlier this week, the old one is duff but you wouldn't know to look at it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need Planet to do a diagnostic to see if the MAF sensor you bought is OK.

I replaced mine earlier this week, the old one is duff but you wouldn't know to look at it.
I think I will have to, I have unplugged the maf sensor on my car and now I get full power even when cold and it seems to be running a lot better then before, is there anyway in cleaning the maf?

·
11,778 Posts
You can clean it with electrical contact cleaner, but it's supposed to be self cleaning by running high current along the sensor wire in it.

Disconnecting it and getting the power back is a common sign the MAF is faulty.

I posted a recommendation for a MAF supplier a few days ago. Give them a call, and tell them you saw the recommendation on here.

Do you ever get North at all? I head down to Oswestry some weekends to go climbing and mine exploring in Wales, I'd be happy to do a diagnostic for you, unless there's anyone closer on the Planet Map of course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can clean it with electrical contact cleaner, but it's supposed to be self cleaning by running high current along the sensor wire in it.

Disconnecting it and getting the power back is a common sign the MAF is faulty.

I posted a recommendation for a MAF supplier a few days ago. Give them a call, and tell them you saw the recommendation on here.

Do you ever get North at all? I head down to Oswestry some weekends to go climbing and mine exploring in Wales, I'd be happy to do a diagnostic for you, unless there's anyone closer on the Planet Map of course.
Hi gibbo, when are you next down Oswestry? I have been to the garage close to where I live and he dosent seem to know the problems, I now have a new maf on the car but it still has the same problems so I'm guessing it could be the egr? I took the top pipe of the egr valve today and blocked of the top pipe and the car wouldn't start? Can anybody help?

·
11,778 Posts
I've got two other diagnostics to do round Corwen and Mold, possibly next Saturday unless I can persuade everyone else to do an afternoon next week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got two other diagnostics to do round Corwen and Mold, possibly next Saturday unless I can persuade everyone else to do an afternoon next week.
I have rugby this weekend but I will see how I'm looking for next week mate thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts