Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a fault on my car and peugeot planet says,
Permanent fault: main brake switch information faulty.
The mechanic has said that it is the switch behind the dash board does anybody know the part number? And cost? Is it a fix you can do at home? Thanks

·
12,095 Posts
Its right under the glove box. There's a small tray in the base of the glove box that pops out to give you better access. Much easier than taking off the whole box.

The switch is cheaper from Euro Car Parts but Peugeot identified a design flaw in the wiring loom and provided a stronger, more protected cable that goes to it.

However, they don't acknowledge that its their fault, so if you want it along with the switch its about £20 from the dealer. Euro's switch doesn't come with the cable.

Its a very easy fix. Disconnect the cable from the switch, then give it a twist 90' anticlockwise and it comes out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you post your DAM number i will look up the right spare number for you

The DAM number for this car is 9506 the last two numbers don't count.
If your car is newer as 26 march 2004 it has a five digit DAM number

Holt

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you post your DAM number i will look up the right spare number for you

The DAM number for this car is 9506 the last two numbers don't count.
If your car is newer as 26 march 2004 it has a five digit DAM number

Holt
I've tried to attach a photo at the bottom mate, thanks for your time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Your car was made 5 dec 2001 and the brake switch spare number is 4534 52 it's quite easy to change, but maybe an adjustment is all it takes, the switch looks like this:

It's not threads on the black piece, but grooves, you can adjust the switch by moving it one groove up or down, it sits in a plastic ring that "clicks" into the grooves, be aware, if the switch is faulty you have no brake light and driving is extremly dangerous

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your car was made 5 dec 2001 and the brake switch spare number is 4534 52 it's quite easy to change, but maybe an adjustment is all it takes, the switch looks like this:

It's not threads on the black piece, but grooves, you can adjust the switch by moving it one groove up or down, it sits in a plastic ring that "clicks" into the grooves, be aware, if the switch is faulty you have no brake light and driving is extremly dangerous
Thank you for the information, I do have brake light at all times but I've been told I need the switch that sends the information to the ecu?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I do have brake light at all times but I've been told I need the switch that sends the information to the ecu?
I suppose you mean the brake light works as it should, there is no additional switch to the ECU unless you have cruise control, in which case you need the 4534 37 switch with red top next to the white.
If the brake light works as it should and you have no cruise control (or automatic transmission) there is nothing wrong with your brake switch, the only thing you need to swap out then is your mechanic

Holt

·
12,095 Posts
We did Pr1vate_Piles's brake switch on Saturday.

Planet reported it as being intermittent. We took it out and the end was a bit gunky with fluff.

We could have just cleaned it up but a replacement was just £4.13 from Euro Car Parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts