Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, must be fed up of hearing about my 110 and trying to get it running right!

So briefly...I own a 110 307 2.0hdi and to cut along story short very short....she was a pig to start, tried and turned over time and time again in the beginning until it actually developed enough speed with the odd cylinder trying to fire to run faster and eventually fire up and run smooth...so I thought?:mad:

Now bearing in mind I have never had this car on the road, purchased as a break down for parts but too nice to scrap, I have no history with it how it ran etc so please bare with me here.

I posted a few probs about it and even (windy) had a listen to it after working his magic and de-DPF'ing it stood with me puzzled as to why it wouldn't start easy?

Eventually thanks to a few ideas given here I replaced the starter with a 1.7kw and that seemed to give it new life and it started to start more confidently but it still seemed a little bad. (my 90 will fire on a flick of the key without even sitting in the car) but this 110 is a shit, it turns over really fast (thanks to starter) and even then needs about 4-6 turns before it fires, but it will fire eventually so not all bad or so they say.

I'm just contemplating swapping out the clutch (its gone) with a SMF or Dual hence another post here but thats for another day.

I popped into car yesterday and tried to start it to position it ready for the clutch change and low and behold the shit wouldn't fire it was like the days before I changed the starter, It eventually managed to run and now I had a new bloody fault to sort...not having planet with me I decided to just lock it and get home to take out other half as she was another moaning fault to sort out (but at least easily rectified) :thumb:

So first thing this morning I tried to start again and she was not having it...it was so bad the low voltage bong was going off and just as the battery was starting to give out it started (woop woop) So while I'm sat in the car and its ticking over I noticed that about every 10-15 seconds its sounds like its hunting or slightly missing...the revs don't register as dropping on the rev counter but the car has a shake to it but its repetitive and more noticeable in the car because you can feel it.

Never noticing this before there has to be a problem somewhere as I don't spend much time in the car, I spend more time in the engine bay trying to fix it as all you fellow 307 owners can understand! lol

So I decided to stick planet on it and see what it threw up:

ABSOLUTELY Nothing! not a bloody thing was wrong! :eek:

So I delved into the Parameters 1 and take a look...Fuel pressure fluctuates around 290/298. cam and crank sync yes when running, everything looks fine even the engine rpm sat at 803...umm confused is an understatement here.

So I held the throttle down to reach 1192 rpm and just hold it there to see if this shaking was present at higher revs and yes, its there the car is shaking a little, revs were dropping by about 40 ish rpm's and then back to 1192 so its running a little rough.

Now just before I posted this I tried to start again and if it was being a pain I was going to pop off the FR pressure sensor plug to default ecu to 400 bar to see if that helps....but the swine started no problem so that was a pointless exercise.

So has anyone had this problem where the car feels like its missing but not actually missing just like its hunting, but its a 1-2 second shake and back to normal smooth running. Could it be a leaky injector causing premature firing in one of the cylinders? I just don't know anymore, I have no white smoke on start up or running, or could this be a another thing like the Fuel pressure sensor?

sorry for the lengthy story here but you can see I have my fill of this motor :mad:

cheers guys

·
5,664 Posts
My car did develop miss-fire type symptoms below 2500 rpm ended up being the link harness from fuel rail sensor shorting as insulation had come off wires.

I think you check this in the past when it would not start but maybe worth a quick check.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car did develop miss-fire type symptoms below 2500 rpm ended up being the link harness from fuel rail sensor shorting as insulation had come off wires.

I think you check this in the past when it would not start but maybe worth a quick check.
Yes mate, it was a broken wire on the link lead and mine was just dying/cut out, I repaired this with a solder connection and shrink wrap so it would not be a problem again.

Guess I'm going to have to check further...might still pop plug off rail sensor to see if the hunting stops...its just so slight you cant tell from outside the car its only inside you can feel it and planet shows it. Very strange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts