Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at blocking of the egr valve today to see if my car would run better, I have read on a few forums that you can just block of the top pipe coming out the top with a screw so I thought I would give it a go, I then tried to start my car and it wouldn't turn over due to it being blocked of, does this happen or is there else something wrong with it? Thanks

·
5,830 Posts
Are you sure you are blocking off the right pipe you should be able to block at the control valve on the front of the engine (bottom pipe control valve with green plug if i remember correctly)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you are blocking off the right pipe you should be able to block at the control valve on the front of the engine (bottom pipe control valve with green plug if i remember correctly)
Would that be the top pipe or the bottom one? Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
I was looking at blocking of the egr valve today to see if my car would run better, I have read on a few forums that you can just block of the top pipe coming out the top with a screw so I thought I would give it a go, I then tried to start my car and it wouldn't turn over due to it being blocked of, does this happen or is there else something wrong with it? Thanks
Just order a blanking plate off ebay there are some good sellers on there who even provide pics to show you where it goes takes about 2 - 3 minutes and costs £2 - £3 worth it if you ask me

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just order a blanking plate off ebay there are some good sellers on there who even provide pics to show you where it goes takes about 2 - 3 minutes and costs £2 - £3 worth it if you ask me
I agree we'll worth £3:thumb:
But what's wrong with your car?
I've been looking into doing this but as people say if not broke don't fix it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just getting to the egr valve to be able to put it in, I can't manage to find any pictures to do this does anybody know where to look?

·
5,830 Posts
Would that be the top pipe or the bottom one? Thanks
Im sure it the top of the two hoses. It is one of the main Vac the hoses that supplies vac to actuator. if you follow hose back it should joint up with a tee to main vac pipe from vac tank on gearbox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts