Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the Engine Management System light.. if it appears ...what does it mean...and what can be done to recify it....

also any other tips on the XSI would be great....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
swan19 said:
Hello everyone...

just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the Engine Management System light.. if it appears ...what does it mean...and what can be done to recify it....

also any other tips on the XSI would be great....

It generally means that there is a fault somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E M S

Many thanks, the scenario was that i went to view a XSI and test drive it ....

on ignition the EMS light on went ... the dealers explanation was that the car had been their for a while and had not been started... so when they preparing it for my test drive the car engine 'mis-fired' ... and a simple standard service (which they said they would do of course) would recify any problems....

as you guys are more experienced on Peugeots...does that sound right?

thanks in advance...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
swan19 said:
Many thanks, the scenario was that i went to view a XSI and test drive it ....

on ignition the EMS light on went ... the dealers explanation was that the car had been their for a while and had not been started... so when they preparing it for my test drive the car engine 'mis-fired' ... and a simple standard service (which they said they would do of course) would recify any problems....

as you guys are more experienced on Peugeots...does that sound right?

thanks in advance...

If there is a problem they will need to do a diagnostic to find out what it is,fix it and reset the ecu,a service wont make it go away,if you havent bought the 307 yet please please think long and hard as the car has its fair share of problems,just look at some of the posts here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thank you very much for the replies....

Luckily i have purchased a 307 yet...the biggest problei have is that i absolutely want this car... having looked at many different cars i finally choose the 307 as the one i want.... i have read so many things about it that 85% of them being negative... but i still i keep wanting it....i have generally choosen what model i want= 307 5 door with xsi alloys, fully loaded (5 cd and climate control) manual....still tossing up petrol vs hdi...

overall the concerns i have been looking out/come accross for are:
electrics
high revs
back suspension
ems lights

with your experience of Peugeots.... should i just stay away from them....

thanks again for the replies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
swan19 said:
Hey thank you very much for the replies....

Luckily i have purchased a 307 yet...the biggest problei have is that i absolutely want this car... having looked at many different cars i finally choose the 307 as the one i want.... i have read so many things about it that 85% of them being negative... but i still i keep wanting it....i have generally choosen what model i want= 307 5 door with xsi alloys, fully loaded (5 cd and climate control) manual....still tossing up petrol vs hdi...

overall the concerns i have been looking out/come accross for are:
electrics
high revs
back suspension
ems lights

with your experience of Peugeots.... should i just stay away from them....

thanks again for the replies...
The general rule of thumb with the 307 is the later the car the less problems there tends to be,i wouldnt recommend one to a friend,i know a lot of people out there love theres and havent had any trouble,on the other hand some owners have had nothing but.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top