Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post as i'm considering a purchase of a 307 with a 2.0L petrol engine.

The vehicle has a guaranteed ECU problem, someone stuck a screwdriver into it and damaged the internal board. To the best of my knowledge, the vehicle refused to start even before the damage was done to the ECU, the immo light was constantly flashing, I thought it may have been the BSI.

What I am considering is swapping out the ECU, BSI, lockset & key with one from a donor vehicle which is being broken as the bodywork is too expensive to repair. My only worry is that the vehicle i'm considering purchasing has an auto transmission and the donor vehicle has a manual.

'My' Vehicle VIN: VF33CRFNE82132946
Donor Vehicle VIN: VF33CRFNB82109546

My questions are:
- Is this possible with the components I have listed above?
- Would the transmission be a problem, or would it simply need coding?

If anyone has any info that may help, even if it's a different model, please let me know, I really don't want to waste money on something that will never run.

Thanks very much in advance!:thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
If change for a used set ecu bsi transpoder its best to go for same model, but if its the same spec of engine you can change auto to manual box in PP.
The problem is that the mapping will most lightly be some what out for injection and timming so performance could be poor.

Thanks vpug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vpug,

Thanks very much for your reply!

The only difference between the 2 vehicles is the gearbox, nothing else, would the engine have different injection and timing values dependent on the gearbox? If so, would the dealer be able to adjust values or load correct maps?

Cheers!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
Dealer ! whats one of them ?

If the bsi/ecu set is cheap then its may be worth a chance, Peugeot Forums - View Profile: HDI-Tuning
Would most prob remap for you, but by the time you have paid for that as well asthe set would it worth it.
Thanks Vpug

Hi Vpug,

Thanks very much for your reply!

The only difference between the 2 vehicles is the gearbox, nothing else, would the engine have different injection and timing values dependent on the gearbox? If so, would the dealer be able to adjust values or load correct maps?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Vpug & BettySwollocks,

Thanks for your replies!

About the mileage, I hope to have the mileage corrected on the BSI as I 'assume' the mileage on the replacement BSI is much higher!

As for the remap, we'll have to see once everything has been fitted...Fingers crossed though!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
117 Posts
HI
I think it will run o.k. and if performance and mpg are o.k then what the hell, what does a clock correction cost ?
Thanks Vpug

Hi Vpug & BettySwollocks,

Thanks for your replies!

About the mileage, I hope to have the mileage corrected on the BSI as I 'assume' the mileage on the replacement BSI is much higher!

As for the remap, we'll have to see once everything has been fitted...Fingers crossed though!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mileage correction prices start at about £30, unless I buy the tools and do it myself (ie. PSA BSI Tool, Tacho Pro, etc).

·
Registered
4 Posts
ecu & bsi swap 307 2.0 Petrol

Hi ruwi, I just read ur post regarding the ecu and bsi kit swap. How did it go eventually?
Did everything turned out perfectly as expected? Could u please guide me with the steps how to remap the new kit with the old information like the vin number and mileage. I am considering a similar purchase. Thanks for ur help.
Izaat

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
When you change a ecu set you DO NOT change the vin you keep it as is in the new BSI otherwise you would be unable to code keys if it were needed at a later date as the VIN is matched to the key programing code stored in the BSI

There are ways to change the vin but its really not needed i prefer to leave as is to avoid any more issues

The mileage as said already can be fixed but needs fixed in dash AND bsi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Reliable406,
what do u suggest I consider before purchasing the set. Would it be simple as plug n play or would I be needing any programming. would i be able to get the new 4 digit pin code for the new ecu set? My car is running fine except for some electrical faults like door ecu not responding and rear defroster not working. there was a water leak into the bsi due to the rubber seal being loose after a car wash. I have tried to disconnect BSI and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner and dried. But still the same. The car starts and runs fine otherwise.
Thanks for ur advise.

Izaat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peugeot 307 fitted with 206 ECU

Hello guys, I was having loss of power issues with my 307 Petrol 2.0 Engine model year 2002. I checked into a Peugeot Garage with Peugeot Planet scanned and found a weird issue. It said: Warning: 206 MEP 4.4 7.2 Bosch ECU fitted. Replace with correct ECU.
The car had been running fine all this time until recently replaced faulty Fuel pump and Fuel injectors were also replaced for maintenance purposes. The scanner read codes fine and allows many codes to be cleared except some permanent faults like Door ECU for RH and LH not responding. Out side temperature sensor not responding. Rear windscreen defrost switch does not work.
But my main concern is the wrong ECU. I read on another thread that it was possible if the ECU was virginised and reprogrammed to my car by the previous owner. Another problem was when I tried to reprogram a new Transponder key using the 4 digit code, it says BSI blank. Under the BSI settings everything else is able to read and modify like actuators test, lights, radio etc.
I really dont know where to start and what steps to take inorder to restore full 2.0 engine power to my car. Any advise from experienced Peugot owners and / or experts is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Izaat
Peugeot 307
Ecuador, South America
:nono::nono::nono:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts