Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any1 help me with this? i just got this message up with engine light on dash, how and where do i find the faulty part to clean or replace?
thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like i brought a bag of crap then, so far clutch and flywheel replaced and gearbox whines so will need replacing, engine mount needs replacing and now this which is very costly.
i was told when i brought the car they filled the additive up so im out of ideas now unless i take it off and give it a clean, Neva seen 1 of these so havnt a clue how to remove.

·
Registered
176 Posts
looks like i brought a bag of crap then, so far clutch and flywheel replaced and gearbox whines so will need replacing, engine mount needs replacing and now this which is very costly.
i was told when i brought the car they filled the additive up so im out of ideas now unless i take it off and give it a clean, Neva seen 1 of these so havnt a clue how to remove.
What are the specifics of your car?
1.4, 1.6 or 2.0 HDI?
What year?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
his is the 2.0 110 with fap and the unblock diesel filter is your filter is blocking i would do what i done was get the fap removed and strait pipe it, then remap the ECU with ECUsafe i got mine done last year and have to say the car drives 100% and MPG went up abit as well once the funds are up then its getting a remap :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its 2.0 110, im gana try and clean it first then think what to do after if it dont work either do as u said or replace it with a cheap 1 from ebay.
Can not beleive i have this problem along with the others , neva again will i buy a 307! lol
any tips or things i will encounter when taking this filter off?
also is this apart of the cat?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll dig out the haynes manual tomorrow morning and have a look, but I think on the 2 and 1.4 liter HDI's the work is relatively simple when trying to access the filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
had a look under car at the filter today and i think its been replaced before, as i see the 1 on the car is a all in 1 unit so if im right these are cheaper models that you can buy from ebay? i can find 1 on there at £300 aso may not be so cheap but look like the cat is built in.the genuine 1 would be 2 parts i take it?
so therefore if thats true this is second 1 its had and only coverd 120k.
i never had the problem when i brought the car ive only just found it after ive had my clutch and flywheel changed, also i changed the air filter and it was running on red deisel of which i did put some Comma Diesel Magic in. the "unblock deisel filter" comes on only during much throttle and come of by its self while driving after around 5 mins during this time i dont see anything restricted.
I do think its not good on mpg tho.
could the things above make this come on?
or could this just be a fuel filter as it blocks at high rpm?
as its an all in 1 unit can i still clean it?

also how and where do i check to see if there is anough fluid for this filter?
sorry im very new to these cars

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you can clean the all in one systems as ive done it but after few months its blocked again for the time it takes you to take off and clean then let it dry you are talking a good few hours, i would take it off map the ecu to remove the fap and ap faults on the dash and unblock diesel filter is not your fuel filter ive done the same things you have done the flywheel and clutch after i bought it and if i ever buy another 307 its going to be the 90bhp version!

i know how you must feel but after i removed mine i was so much happy driving the car without the dash engine light on and no faults on the screen its the best mod you can do to these 110 engines bar a remap of course thats next on my list :thumb:

dont waste your time with taking it out and few months down the line your going to do it again you might as well do it from the start and you will have no more probs with the fap system again :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi, where and how do i find somewhere that can sell a pipe to replace the filter box and then alter the ecu (ecusafe?). Very interested in this,It would aloso take the cat out also then as my cat is built in is this correct? and ifso pass future mots?.
I have herd it could be the fuel flap sensor but i guess thats a long shot.
thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
you can clean the all in one systems as ive done it but after few months its blocked again for the time it takes you to take off and clean then let it dry you are talking a good few hours, i would take it off map the ecu to remove the fap and ap faults on the dash and unblock diesel filter is not your fuel filter ive done the same things you have done the flywheel and clutch after i bought it and if i ever buy another 307 its going to be the 90bhp version!

i know how you must feel but after i removed mine i was so much happy driving the car without the dash engine light on and no faults on the screen its the best mod you can do to these 110 engines bar a remap of course thats next on my list :thumb:

dont waste your time with taking it out and few months down the line your going to do it again you might as well do it from the start and you will have no more probs with the fap system again :D
Good post CMax... not sure about ecusafe but other than that good advice... Daddycool, CMax is 100% right..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it does seem a very good idea, i just dont no if u can buy these replacment straight pipes to bypass this filter and ifso where?,
also how to use this ecu safe or watever software i need,
I do have a OBD2 reader but im sure its only for 2004+, i used it on my previous car (2001 petrol) and it cleared codes ect... but dont work on here, i do have loads of software with it like VAG but i havnt a clue what all that is, Will this device work on my car with some other software that can removel the fap?
any help will be gratefull.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Straight pipe

his is the 2.0 110 with fap and the unblock diesel filter is your filter is blocking i would do what i done was get the fap removed and strait pipe it, then remap the ECU with ECUsafe i got mine done last year and have to say the car drives 100% and MPG went up abit as well once the funds are up then its getting a remap :thumb:
Did you make your own straight pipe or did you purchase one pre-made to fit?

Could do with one of these pipes fitting myself, would be a lot easier if i could just buy a made to measure pipe rather than gut out my DPF.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good post CMax... not sure about ecusafe but other than that good advice... Daddycool, CMax is 100% right..
thanks Scotcruz ECUsafe was used on my car and 100% fine

yeah it does seem a very good idea, i just dont no if u can buy these replacment straight pipes to bypass this filter and ifso where?,
also how to use this ecu safe or watever software i need,
I do have a OBD2 reader but im sure its only for 2004+, i used it on my previous car (2001 petrol) and it cleared codes ect... but dont work on here, i do have loads of software with it like VAG but i havnt a clue what all that is, Will this device work on my car with some other software that can removel the fap?
any help will be gratefull.
you need to get the Galletto or kwp2000 to read your ecu file then copy it and send to someone that has ecusafe am near sure someone on here can do it, i have the software here but i dont want to mod your file and it not work or damage your ecu the guy that done mine showed me how it worked and was easy few clicks :)

Did you make your own straight pipe or did you purchase one pre-made to fit?

Could do with one of these pipes fitting myself, would be a lot easier if i could just buy a made to measure pipe rather than gut out my DPF.
Any local exhaust centre should make you one up £30-50 id say mine cost £30as i got someone to knock one up on the side at night :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thought i got away with this "unblock diesel filter" as it hasnt come on for the past 2 days but today it come on, my car runs normal tho i really dont understand, It maybe running wrong for all i no tho as only just had the car.
what signs should i be getting?
i see on ebay they are sites selling this for around £500 thats just too expensive and cheaper to get another filter.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
mine started with unblock diesel filter, then limp mode, low power, i got the dealer to put the car on the computer and they did try and force a filter clean worked for a 2 weeks then again car goes into limp mode unblock diesel filter, they did tell me new fap time at the cost £500 :eek: dealer said he would take the filter out and back washed it let it dry and of for a while i done this on my own the dealer said he hates the fap filters his own words not mine he was one sound guy he even waved the cost of the daig getting done, he told me about the remap the fap software he even had his 407 done.

i would go and see if you can get the pipe made up, then get the fap software removed, and start to enjoy the car even get a remap to enjoy it more and more mpg :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts