Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello one of my customers come in with a 307 2.0hdi today and it sounded like exhaust rattle we put it on the ramp hopeing a quick eazy fix but to find no exhaust shield just steering rack shield but that was all ok then we looked at the cat to see if it broken up in side but to find that ok so i am here to ask for lil bit of help lol

has anyone come across the exhaust manifold outer skin rattling ???

·
Registered
90 Posts
My hdi rattles like buggery when it's cold. I know at least one of the engine mounts is fubared, which might mean the excessive engine movement is causing something else to smack about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My hdi rattles like buggery when it's cold. I know at least one of the engine mounts is fubared, which might mean the excessive engine movement is causing something else to smack about.
the mounts ok it when its rev up to around 1-2k it sound like exhaust rattle but every think seems ok cat ok back box is new all new exhaust clamps no contact with body it so i thinking exhaust manifold because it looks like a weird design

pic below this is same type on the car Google Image Result for http://just307.esellution.co.uk/assets/products/528/listing/ueAoiLrOBA.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mounts ok it when its rev up to around 1-2k it sound like exhaust rattle but every think seems ok cat ok back box is new all new exhaust clamps no contact with body it so i thinking exhaust manifold because it looks like a weird design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts