Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to bleed the coolant system on a 307S 90 2.0HDI?

I recently changed the coolant, but there is no heating in the car since then. I have opened the 2 valves to let air out until all bubbles gone before closing them. what have I done wrong here or any step missing?

And for the meanwhile, I have open both valves to check over the past few days. and when I open the bulkhead valve whilst the engine is warm, I can felt that the first bits of water is cold then became warm/hot as it flow out, but I have no idea what could that indicate.

I have no idea what has gone wrong? any pointer would be great!

G

·
You need a special tool to mount on the reservoir opening (or a willing assistant to place their lips over it and blow gently) and bleed from the lowest nipple, working progressively upwards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
You need a special tool to mount on the reservoir opening (or a willing assistant to place their lips over it and blow gently) and bleed from the lowest nipple, working progressively upwards.
Thanks, I will give it a try. Does it matter engine is cold or hot? engine on or off?
Do I expect to see a lot of water to come out before the air? is the lowest nipple bulkhead or thermostat?

G

·
Set the heater to full hot before changing coolant.

Use whichever bleed point is lowest first (I don't know if this is the thermostat on or one in the pipes) and work Northwards.

DO NOT start it until it is properly bled - you may already have caused enough localised thermal problems to cause premeature HGF, so don't be surprised if it pops one day (could be tomorrow or 2 years time, but if you've been driving it not properly bled it's virtually inevitable).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts