Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 02 model 307 HDI 2.0 with just under 80k miles on the clock. A friend had it from new, who then sold it to my father, and I bought it from him just over two years ago. Full history, well looked after.

Right now I am plagued with power loss problems. On cold start up, there is no power at all, turbo doesn't wake up until about 75deg C. Have to run with the MAF disconnected on default setting.

It's had a full service a few hundred miles ago, air and fuel filters, DPF regenerated, new MAF, turbo checked, no problems, new starter motor, new battery. It is worse now than before I took it in for work, and all told about 900 euro has been thrown at it in the past few weeks. Still no power, and still running at around 80deg C instead of 90deg C, and hence mpg in late 30s or early 40s at best. Thermostat was relaced too, genuine part. All dead money on such an old car, but thought it would sort it and keep her running for another few years.

Tomorrow I am returning it to the garage, to the guy who is supposed to be a genius, but so far has failed to fix any of the above issues.

Would be extremely grateful for any help or suggestions as to what the problems might actually be, as I am fed up at this point and tired of wasting money on this car.

All the best,

G

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If the faults are still there a scan for codes will help pinpoint the problem/s. As you've found it can be expensive to follow the substitution route.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not sure turbos wait for temperature to pick up. Might be related to the fuel system, will cause it to be a little lethargic. Garage removed the maf, clearly as they thought the car is not pumping enough fuel for some reason.

Check the fuel filter first, (only £6-ish to replace), any metal filings in there would indicate a failing lift pump (certainly might mean it was weaker at start up. Also check out the fuel pressure regulator, give it a clean.
If it occured soon after a service, check if there is any air getting into the system (fuel filter, pipes round fuel filter etc).
Stick some injector cleaner in the tank too next fill up, might help clean any sludge, could also be the EGR being blocked, try that later (you can get a spray to help).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i would be looking at the turbo and EGR solenoids! also check for leaks around the intercooler pipes bottom is knowing to split check for oil round the clamps as this sometimes leads to leaks ect,

if you rev the car put your hand over the top intercooler hose if it goes hard then your turbo solenoid is working if not going hard then check your solenoid

a new way i found to check your turbo one is get a T peace and join the two rubber pipes to this, place a vac hose to the 3rd outlet on the T peace get a long peace of hose so it comes into the car with you and now the fun bit start the car place your finger over the vac line and listen to hear if you can hear the turbo kicking remove your finger and the turbo does not work if you
hear the turbo working then new solenoid or check the power wire to the plug :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will check what the fault codes were and report back.

It's odd - blockage in fuel system some place? There is a new fuel filter just put into it.

Driving on cold, turbo will kick in, then disappear, then kick in again.

Further input welcomed too.

Thanks.

G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts