Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this forum looks useful, hopefully you can help me. :)

I've been to look at a 307 today with a view to a purchase... 2002 reg, 2.0 HDi engine.

In reasonable condition for age and mileage (130k), some service history, old MOTs etc.

The only matter of concern for me was some oil visible on the engine when I looked under the bonnet. I was told it's some residue from a pipe being replaced, but I am concerned there is a potential turbo issue there. (I had a Focus which blew 2 turbos, cannot be dealing with that again!) Only problem is, I don't even know where the turbo is located on these engines... the last 307 I drove never had a single issue so I never had to poke around the engine.

I took it for a test... There is no unusual noise when revving it, it drives smoothly with plenty of power, and there is no smoke of any kind coming from the exhaust, all of which I believe are typical symptoms of a turbo failure.

Attached a pic... is this even in the right location, or is a split pipe likely? Hopefully you can tell me something from this lol.

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
thats awway from anythingto do with mass oil. i think the closest oil location here would be the breather pipe. might need a quick clean, but i think its old residue. i see its the 110 engine as theres a intercooler pipe in the pic too:thumb:

Turbo is located at the rear of the engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats awway from anythingto do with mass oil. i think the closest oil location here would be the breather pipe. might need a quick clean, but i think its old residue.
Thank god for that... it's going in for MOT today anyway, will see how that goes...

i see its the 110 engine as theres a intercooler pipe in the pic too:thumb:
Drives like it... very quick off the mark! ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ye didnt think of that. Check that chunky lookin pupe at the left of the picture. Make.sure theres.no split. The pressure inside from the turbo can spray the smallest amount of oil all over the engine bay.

Id also check the maf sensor. That plug going into the airbox where the red ring is youve.put in the pic. Clean the wires and make aure its ok. If it drives fine with no faults. The maf sensor ahould be ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts