Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

The car has been a bit rough starting on cold during the winter, taking a good few turns.....then when its up and running, it's VERY lumpy, if i layed off the gas, say when coming up to a junction the rev's would drop down too low and the car would stall, but will start easier then before when cold. when the car warms up after 5 minutes the lumpiness will go and the car will start easy when warm. But until the engine is fully warmed up the car remains underpowered, struggling to get over 3- 3500 rpms, when warmed up fully the car is fine!

I get a bit of greyish white smoke when starting cold. Any ideas, not sure, i've read alot of injector problems.

I've cleaned the Air mass sensor - no result, could this problem be the EGR valve i've heard mentioned before? How can i test the injectors? Also, on the 2.0 hdi, are the 4 or 5 injectors, like one per cylinder and one main that provides extra fuel on cold starting? just thinking the problem would be their all the time if there was a faulty injector to one cylinder?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Chris.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, i have actually bought some the other day, but i'm struggling to bring my self to fill the tank first with todays diesel prices!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts