Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a new guy here, and I've just a few weeks ago bought the above mentioned car.

Just need a little bit of advice on a few things if you have the time:

1. Fuel always displayed with the needle resting left, and orange light flashing, despite having a full tank. I just fill the tank and reset the mile counter to let me know when I need more fuel, but I'd kinda like that fixed. Does anybody know what it is? I've been told it's the fuel sender but I'd like to pinpoint it, don't want to waste money.

2. Cold mornings the car struggles just a little bit to start, and then disables something. Like i stated in somebody elses thread, it was the ESP and something else disabled yesterday, and today it was passenger airbag. When it warmed up I turned it off and on, no errors. Is it a battery/heater plug thing?

3. The seats are awful - Grey cloth upholstery, nuff said. has anybody here changed the seats? I'm wanting a black/red theme going on so I tried dye (Never try dye, never ever) and lost two rear headrests because of it. So I'm wanting a seat swap. Somebody told me to go to scrapyard, so I'm wondering if there are any standard 307 seats that come in red and black, or even just black.

4. Plastic wood trim. Kinda feels tacky if I'm honest, with the grey seats. Can these bits be sanded, primed and sprayed?

5. Audio system. If anybody knows of a decent sound system for cheap I'll be happy to listen. And are there any hi-spec head units that use the display up front? If I replace the head unit, will it effect said display?

6. General faults etc. - I've had a look on the recalls thread, and my pug seems to be ok. But since it's used, does anybody know of anything I can nip in the bud right now? I've seen some stuff about headlights going, and other bits and bobs, so is there any way I can sort it out before it happens, and ensure problems don't occur for a good few years?

Peugeot electrics aren't exactly the best around like.

The car is 02 reg by the way.

Well if you managed to read through that, I would greatly appreciate your help, cheers in advance guys

·
Registered
535 Posts
The fuel needle problem does sound like a fuel sender unit.

You don't say whether the starting problem is a slow turn over or a fast turn over. The 307 starter isn't the world's finest. If it's a slow one, check the eletrical connections on it - a good earth is essential, if it's still slow after that, you're looking at a new starter in a few months. I suspect the drain on the battery is causing the displayed faults - the system seems very sensitive to voltage changes. Cure the starter and you should cure the faults.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
JazzJPH said:
3. The seats are awful - Grey cloth upholstery, nuff said. has anybody here changed the seats? I'm wanting a black/red theme going on so I tried dye (Never try dye, never ever) and lost two rear headrests because of it. So I'm wanting a seat swap. Somebody told me to go to scrapyard, so I'm wondering if there are any standard 307 seats that come in red and black, or even just black.

4. Plastic wood trim. Kinda feels tacky if I'm honest, with the grey seats. Can these bits be sanded, primed and sprayed?

5. Audio system. If anybody knows of a decent sound system for cheap I'll be happy to listen. And are there any hi-spec head units that use the display up front? If I replace the head unit, will it effect said display?
Hi,

with the seats i would just buy seat covers to the colour of what your after...i did this with my 307, i have a picture (used as my avatar). they are from a company called walser and they use a special tech called clix, its so that they are very safe to use with side airbag fitted vehicles. only cost £35. that included all the headrests, rear seats (split aswell for folding seats) and front. very very easy to fit. if your interested i can dig out the website.

plastic wood trim can be changed as you said...seen it enough times on different forums and for all different makes and models of cars.

changing your headunit to an aftermarket unit will stop the display from displaying radio station etc but will still do time, date and temp and the audio stalk behind the steering wheel will also stop. you can get the stalk to work by buying 2 leads from halfords etc. from what i know there isnt a headunit that is compatable with the display. sony headunits are relatively cheap (approx £100) and are very very reliable i still use mine from my old 307 which did not jump when i was playing a cd when i rolled my car...they even have bluetooth, mp3, aux and even usb now and can all be controlled from the stalk with those cables:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, yeah if you could get their site I'd appreciate that. I just have a concern with the seat covers as I've seen them get baggy before and whenever somebody gets in or out, they slide about etc. but if they look smart I'd be very interested.

I'm going to get the fuel sender checked properly as my mechanic doesn't seem too eager to do much more work on my car haha.

As for the starting, it tries to start quick, doesn't slow down whilst turning over, and eventually starts. my 306 used to do that, changed heater plugs, still did it, changed battery, sorted.

as for head units, I have the 5 disc cd changer (which I managed to jam within days) and the radio bit above it, so I've looked at a double din one. I just want to check that I can definitely have the stalk control work with it:

I can't post a link but it's on car audio centre and it's the Kenwood DPX-313Y Double din CD / MP3 / WMA Car Stereo

the reason I ask is because on the features list it doesn't say it does, whereas on other, more expensive models, they say it has the "stalk control" feature.

Cheers guys for your help. You're good people :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, yeah if you could get their site I'd appreciate that. I just have a concern with the seat covers as I've seen them get baggy before and whenever somebody gets in or out, they slide about etc. but if they look smart I'd be very interested.

I'm going to get the fuel sender checked properly as my mechanic doesn't seem too eager to do much more work on my car haha.

As for the starting, it tries to start quick, doesn't slow down whilst turning over, and eventually starts. my 306 used to do that, changed heater plugs, still did it, changed battery, sorted.

as for head units, I have the 5 disc cd changer (which I managed to jam within days) and the radio bit above it, so I've looked at a double din one. I just want to check that I can definitely have the stalk control work with it:

I can't post a link but it's on car audio centre and it's the Kenwood DPX-313Y Double din CD / MP3 / WMA Car Stereo

the reason I ask is because on the features list it doesn't say it does, whereas on other, more expensive models, they say it has the "stalk control" feature.

Cheers guys for your help. You're good people :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

thats where i got my seat covers, they do move a little but that depends on how much you use the car, i do on average 30,000 miles a year and only had to adjust once. the only problem i did find with them is that you have to cut small holes for the head rests prongs to go in (but the material is reinforced in that area) and also cut to allow the rear seatbelt connectors through. but if you make the holes smaller than needed then it looks really good and professional. did it on mine and no1 knew any diff.

yeah that kenwood cd player is stalk compatable.
http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/kenwood-dpx313y-double-cdmp3wmaaac-stereo-tuner-with-front-auxin-p-15959.html

you will need to buy from halfords or another source:

PC99-X44
PC99-KEN

this will let you keep your stalk working.

on a further not im selling PC99-X44 if your interested. i can pick up a PC99-KEN for a little extra, if your interested?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah sure, how much for both? I'm not far so could meet at some point yeah.

I would have thought halfords would be twice the price.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh by the way. If I have the 5 disc cd changer and normal radio, a double din is the way to go yeah?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts