Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just changed my oil and filters (oil/air) and wish to change my diesel filter, can some1 tell me where abouts this is and how to remove and change, ive neva done 1 on a diesel so like to be 100% sure what to do and the tools i need.
thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ive just changed my oil and filters (oil/air) and wish to change my diesel filter, can some1 tell me where abouts this is and how to remove and change, ive neva done 1 on a diesel so like to be 100% sure what to do and the tools i need.
thanks
If you have got one of the bosch systems then it will be in the engine bay.. its like a black assembly which you unscrew and replace the new filter..

hope it helps

thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
lift the engine cover up and you should see it right in front of you when your doing make sure you get the right fuel filter as there are two types mine takes the larger filter, but there is a smaller filter, when i do mine they always give me the wrong one! even when i tell them its the larger one i always check before i leave the shop :)

oh make sure you put the new rubber seal on the ring :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took it off and filter looks ok, so decided to put it back together as i not brought a replacment yet, and it pissed out diesel everywhere, that rubber ring is a biatch to get on and seal, looks like its stretched, well after an hour i managed to get it on without leaking.
So a new filter comes with new rubber ring?

·
Registered
150 Posts
took it off and filter looks ok, so decided to put it back together as i not brought a replacment yet, and it pissed out diesel everywhere, that rubber ring is a biatch to get on and seal, looks like its stretched, well after an hour i managed to get it on without leaking.
So a new filter comes with new rubber ring?
How many miles has car done mate? I've been thinking of doing mine 4 a while. my 307 done 85000

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my car has done 123k, it didnt look to bad so didnt change it, i was happy enough that i managed to get it on without leaking lol, yeah tell me about it u need very string hands to tighten it:nod:

·
Registered
12 Posts
307 2l hdi

Hello,
I have a 2l 307 hdi with 212k. The rural economy is normally about 5.3-5.4 l/100 but it has crept up to 5.7 @ 90-100kph . I suspect dirty air/fuel filters. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Possible causes for increased diesel consumption

Hello,
I have a 2l 307 hdi with 212k. The rural economy is normally about 5.3-5.4 l/100 but it has crept up to 5.7 @ 90-100kph . I suspect dirty air/fuel filters. Mostly it has been serviced at the normal intervals by Peugeot dealers. The last service was by a non Peugeot centre.
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
596 Posts
a 0.3 increase is nothing of concern. There are 10000 thing that can cause that, non of them related to the car.

If it had increased to say 6.5 or 7 i would start to worry.

Worst case cenario, get a reading from someone with PP2000 to see what you get. My 2003 2.0 SW is doing 8.0, so don't feel bad about your 5.7.

G

·
0 Posts
If you are worried about the economy - or possible lack of - try the premium diesel or an injector cleaner like Millers just give the injectors a gentle clean.

It may not work but it won't hurt and the Placebo effect is wonderful :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts