Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had to be towed Home Via the AA as coming down the M4 last Friday night my car a 2.0 hdi 110 diesel lost all power and would not accelerate.

on coming to a stop and waiting for an hour it didnt even have enough power to indicate whilst being towed off the motorway by the AA.

Other issues are;
1) last two weeks the dpf warning has come in, i presume it means it needs the eloysis fluid topping up? would this contribute to the car losing power not restarting?
2) after a full charge overnight the car will not start and the starter appears to be stuck/jammed (engages for a second then stops)
3) struggling to reset do 3 minute rule as windows no longer work since breakdown (neither do indicators or head/sidelights, although they did at the first junction after the incident) although hazards work. I have tried the procedure with my son sat in the car and waited a full 3 minutes etc then i have connected the battery etc waited 10 seconds and still no good.
4) The AA said that they presumed the distributor had jammed as the aux belt is frayed but when it does turn over, it is running freely.

feedback would be appreciated as it may have to be sent to a garage, ideally like many on here i would like to be pre warned of possibilities so i do not get ripped off by the garage.

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
Windows etc are only not working as the engine wont run once engine runs everything gets switched back on resetting the BSI WONT help it needs to see the running signal before it resets.

Engine could be seized
Timing belt may have broke and engine is now jammed

You need to concentrate on getting the engine going that is your problem everything else is just a symptom.

Ignoring DPF warnings may have contributed to the failure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply

timing belt is intact although the aux belt needs replacing.

it didn't feel like a seizure of blow as it was a gradual loss of power not immediate engine was still turning until i stopped at road side.

I will let you know the feedback via this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies as one member said the main belt had jumped causing the breakdown. now all that is left is to see if its worth repairing as an 02 plate 307 i presume is only worth around £800 and I feel that this is how much it will be worth

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
Timing belt on 2 litre is relatively easy and even if it broke rockers the parts will not come to much more than £200

NO bent valves no head off just belt and rockers it could be running in 2 hours :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Timing belt on 2 litre is relatively easy and even if it broke rockers the parts will not come to much more than £200

NO bent valves no head off just belt and rockers it could be running in 2 hours :)
Im interesting to know why it doesnt bend valves? do they have a safety mechanism?

·
5,891 Posts
Due to valve angle they do bend on stem they just get forced straight back up by the piston when belt snaps.

Peugeot designed the valve rockers to be weak in the reverse direction so they break when the valve get pushed back against them saving the valves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts