Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just renewed the clutch on my 307 after it totally failing before xmas. Fingers had snapped on pressure plate and release bearing collapsed? Was a luk clutch that i pulled out and only 90k miles

The question is how far off the floor should be the biting point? Its probably just above an inch at moment..can get all gears ok though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You would expect the pedal to be pretty much halfway. Sometimes a small amout of air can get into the hydraulics when you remove the slave cylinder. I've had it happen on a few that I've done. A quick bleed restores full travel. I liked your comment about only 90k miles. That's 3x what some of my customers have managed!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it would usually be about half way. I did lose a little bit of fluid out the slave when box was off. It seems to have self bled itself so i will probably leave it be for now..

The clutch i pulled out looked to be the second one. Im too used to getting 150k out of the original valeo clutches in the xantia hdi's. Think somebody has used the clutch pedal as a footrest on this car lol

P

·
0 Posts
Ok so just renewed the clutch on my 307 after it totally failing before xmas. Fingers had snapped on pressure plate and release bearing collapsed? Was a luk clutch that i pulled out and only 90k miles

The question is how far off the floor should be the biting point? Its probably just above an inch at moment..can get all gears ok though.
Before my clutch went it was very high. After I had a new one fitted, it changed to about an inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts