Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know there are many posts on this site (& others) relating to the meaning of ABS & ESP lights coming up. I understand in the majority that this is because of the Left Side Rear ABS sensor gap.
I have had both rear sensor off, cleaned the rust off from behind the sensor and ensured a gap of approximatley 2mm.

However this has not worked for me I am still getting the lights, pretty much constantly now, as soon as I start my car.

The other issue is that sometime I will press the brakes and they feel kind of loose & cluncky.

Please note: my brake condtions are all like new so the problem is not discs/pads.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Chris :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Have you checked the brake light switch?
A duff brake light switch will bring up the same error..... been there myself :thumb:

It could be a faulty sensor, not just a case of cleaning. Someone with Planet would be able to confirm this for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the brake light switch?
A duff brake light switch will bring up the same error..... been there myself :thumb:

It could be a faulty sensor, not just a case of cleaning. Someone with Planet would be able to confirm this for you.
Hi there, thanks for responding.

I have located the brake switch (behind glove box). It is connected properly. But how would I know if the switch is at fault?

Any idea how I would find someone with Planet? Would I have to take it to a garage?:confused:

Chris.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Also if you do a search on the forum, there is a very simple solution to checking which abs sensor might be at fault by using only multimeter. I posted it just few days ago. :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its at fault, the brake lights won't work.... or wont work all the time - mine started becoming intermittent, and then off more than on, all within a day.

There is a link on the forum to a list of Planet owners. You need to update your profile so we all know where you are, and someone may be able to help.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/
Hi again,
There are no problems with my brake light, in terms of it working, it comes on without fail when the brake is pressed and goes off again when depressed.

I have put a shout out on the thread you provided, to see if I can find someone with Planet near me. Fingers crossed.

Chris.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@jmkent...

Brake light works ok everytime when pressed. So does that rule out a problem with the switch?

I have asked if anyone lives newar wigan with Planet on the forum. Hopefully I will get some joy.

Thanks,
Chris

J

·
0 Posts
Mine was easy to tell it was playing up, so if it works every time, points more likely towards a duff sensor on one wheel.

There are a couple up around the Manchester area, so might get a reply.

J

·
0 Posts
I presume so.... I had my N/S/F one replaced a few months back... that went into Peugeot to do and they knew which one was bringing up the fault by plugging it into this system..... this was before I bought it for myself :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I presume so.... I had my N/S/F one replaced a few months back... that went into Peugeot to do and they knew which one was bringing up the fault by plugging it into this system..... this was before I bought it for myself :)
NSF sensor...thats unusual. Its almost always rear from what I have been reading.
Yeah, hopefull the Planet system will identify which. Then I wil,l pick up a sensor from ebay for £20 and do it myself! Easy enough to do, so long as it is a sensor only (fingers crossed).

J

·
0 Posts
Chances are it will be, but Planet should confirm this. It is a very common fault on Pugs for the sensors to go. Hardest part will be getting it out of its mounting.... apparently they can be a real bugger to get out :nod:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts