Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've spent days reading in your forum and trying various suggestions to get my 307 going again but I've not solved my problem. Thought I'd post some information and maybe someone has an idea what's wrong and how I fix it :D

It all started when I was driving in my 307 and it suddenly lost all driving power, putting my foot down increased the rev's but the power produced was minimal (limp home mode??). I pulled over and called out the AA, they said it might be a problem with the turbo but he wasn't sure. There was no smoke, no warning lights, just the loss in power. I drove slowly home and parked it up where it remained unstarted for at least 9 months (including during the bad winter 2012/2013).

I now have the time and money to take a look at my car but now I can't get it started :mad:

Initially the battery was flat so I took it off and charged it up - I had not visited your forum at this time and did not actively follow the 3 minute rule :eek:

Turning the ignition on I get dash lights, internal lights and the sidelight won't turn off at all... but nothing else electrical is working, the key fob, electric windows, radio, wipers etc... the engine turns over but will not start. It seems to be stuck in economy mode although there is no warning of this on the dash.

So far I have followed forum instructions to soft-boot the BSI, and resynced the key fob. I've loosened the injectors and there is fuel going through them. I've checked the battery on a multi-meter and it's fine. I've tried running a live from the battery to the starter motor as recommended in another thread but that didn't get it going either.

From reading I'm guessing there is a problem with the BSI and I need to get a PP2000 reading, does anyone have any other suggestions please? Thanks :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would agree that a PP2000 read would be ideal if you can find someone nearby.

In the mean time you could try the following:

With the key in the ignition and the ignition off, open the drivers door and you should hear a beeping to remind you that the key is in the ignition. If there's no beeping then the car has probably lost its' imobiliser setting.

Also, these cars dont behave very well if the battery is not 100% charged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for offering help :) I've put the battery on charge and will leave it several hours, I can't recall hearing the a beep when keys were ignition and door was open, but will double check when the battery is back on.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I would be inclined to suspect that because it was without power for a lengthy time it has lost the key information and will need the keys re-programming with PP2000. For this you will need the pin code from the card that should have come with the car.

When the car is in eco mode, it disables most of the electrics to preserve battery power. The way to get out of eco mode is not going to help you yet because it's starting the engine. PP2000 can get out of eco mode but I'm pretty sure that is a temporary solution as some diagnostics cannot be done in eco mode so PP2000 can bypass it to complete diagnostics without starting the engine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
PP2000 can make Diagnostics regardless if the car is in eco mode or not, but it won't read faults happening after last engine stop (at least some faults) keys can easily be programmed with the car in eco mode.

Holt

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
PP2000 can make Diagnostics regardless if the car is in eco mode or not, but it won't read faults happening after last engine stop (at least some faults) keys can easily be programmed with the car in eco mode.

Holt
I agree that Planet can run most diagnostics in eco mode. but there are some parts that require the car to be out of eco mode and if the engine cannot be started, PP2000 can take it out of eco mode. When I first got my PP and was seeing what it could do, the car went into eco mode and one of the options wouldn't carry on until I used the option to take it out. Never tried reprogramming keys as I've never required it so I'll accept your advice on that point.

The OP said that some of the electrics worked but a lot didn't and the car was in eco mode. I would imagine that is because the car has had no power for such a long time that it has lost the key identification and needs the keys reprogramming and that is the reason why it won't start. If someone could reprogram the keys then that might resolve all the issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning, with a fully charge battery, I have followed the plip key programming procedure and the BSi reboot procedure but nothing has changed... I did check and there is no warning beep if I leave the key in the ignition and open the door.

I'll see if I can find the card with the pin code on it but having owned the car for over ten years it's likely to be lost.

On the forum map there's a member near to me with PP2000, I'll have a good look for the key code and then I think a message to him is in order...

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Certainly sounds like it's lost the key programming which is likely to be the root cause of all the issues. If you can't find the PIN code card, I think Betty Swallocks can retrieve the code number for a small consideration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for your help guys, had the car checked by an auto-diagnostic bloke and my 307 has indeed lost the key programming. I'm about to get in touch with Betty Swallocks for a key code, hopefully I'll have it started very soon! Cheers all :D

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Thanks for your help guys, had the car checked by an auto-diagnostic bloke and my 307 has indeed lost the key programming. I'm about to get in touch with Betty Swallocks for a key code, hopefully I'll have it started very soon! Cheers all :D
It appears that betty is no longer in a position to supply cheap codes due to a change in the system. There are some online sites that can supply the codes but they aren't cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts