Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to site so have a problem 307 hdi 110 at times car drives great then suddenly misses then drops to 2000 tpm like fuel starvation.no mil on this is a friends car I have same so I thought it may be fuel sensor so I took mine of and tried it in his car turned like sh-- is there a setting for this sensor or may be I am barking up the wrong tree. Please help
:confused:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi all new to site so have a problem 307 hdi 110 at times car drives great then suddenly misses then drops to 2000 tpm like fuel starvation.no mil on this is a friends car I have same so I thought it may be fuel sensor so I took mine of and tried it in his car turned like sh-- is there a setting for this sensor or may be I am barking up the wrong tree. Please help
:confused:
follow the wire from the red connector on the diesel pressure sensor on the common rail then you will see a yellow connector if you cut this out and solder the wires together that might help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had done that changed the fuel filter and took the sender unit out of the tank there is no electric pump on it so I cleaned it and put it back in no change. A guy in parts store said he had a problem like this on a citroen put a pump on the fuel line and it goes ok what do you reckon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sure no pump I was surprised also do you think putting a pump on would help. tried joining wires as trustme said made no difference.do you think someone changed the tank sender and put in wrong one???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just found out it is a 90bhp the car was laid up for 3-4 years they started it with a jump pack and the car was drove home about 20 miles the next day car wouln't start. The BSI was wiped got code from pug and the bsi was reprogramed. after 2-3 months car has started playing up thought dirty diesel or filter but all clean as I said car drives great at times and then coughs and drops to 2000 tpm at the minute it's reving up fine but don't want to send back as I have not found out what problem is. lucky it is my niece's boyfriends. not a big earner lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
EGR maybe as that might make the car miss, what you could do is jump in the car when its up to temp and rev it slowly up to 2k and if you feel any judder then i would be looking
at your EGR as around 1.5k the EGR closes to give the car power when its idle the egr opens to vent gasses back into the engine best thing to to is block it for £5 you can get a
blanking plate on ebay.

this might help but i would also do a leak of test for the injectors as this would be another thing that could cause the lummy/judder in the car.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thanks cmax will try again 2morrow.keep u updated
take rubber pipe off egr and block the pipe with something a golf tee works great, also if the card does not have a lift pump in the tank it will have a priming bulb under the bonnet if it does not have a priming bulb then something is wrong, squeeze the priming bulb if its soft then chances are you have a leak somewhere on a fuel line or on filter if its hard then that's OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally got it sorted

EGR maybe as that might make the car miss, what you could do is jump in the car when its up to temp and rev it slowly up to 2k and if you feel any judder then i would be looking
at your EGR as around 1.5k the EGR closes to give the car power when its idle the egr opens to vent gasses back into the engine best thing to to is block it for £5 you can get a
blanking plate on ebay.

this might help but i would also do a leak of test for the injectors as this would be another thing that could cause the lummy/judder in the car.
Put an electric fuel pump on and from that no air bubbles in fuel line no problems so far touch wood maybe I could have put a tank sender off a 110 bhp with electric fuel pump might do later I'll see how this goes that 's a week now see how it goes:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts