Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas engine missfire on start up after 1min unless you rev after 30 seconds then its ok bin peugeot today said it needs new plugs so they fitted them still the same then they said it needs new softwear up date to stop it which they want £75 for should i pay and if it doesn,t work can i get my money back done 22000 miles

S

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt pay, if its a fault in the cars software that can only be corrected by a software update from peugeot then i dont see any reason that you should pay (beyone labout cost anyway) but i assume you've already paid labout on the plugs!

I'd gather up all the info you can about the problem/resolution and fire an email off to peugeot uk, usually get good results if you go direct to the top! :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
brooks1sr said:
any ideas engine missfire on start up after 1min unless you rev after 30 seconds then its ok bin peugeot today said it needs new plugs so they fitted them still the same then they said it needs new softwear up date to stop it which they want £75 for should i pay and if it doesn,t work can i get my money back done 22000 miles
if they say it'll cure the problem, and it doesn't, then the good olde Sale of Goods Act gives you your money back.

We're stabbing in the dark here, but EGR and coil pack are favourite causes in that engine. Fortunately, the EGR isn't half as expensive to buy, and is only half as labour intensive as on the diseasel. That said, either of these is likely to leave a trouble code logged.

Don't assume the new plugs are all OK - a surprising proprtion of new ones are wonky, straight out the box. Substitute the new ones one at a time for a known good one, the then treat the fuel systen to a quadruple dose of Redex or similar (and I mean a genuine quadruple dose - 3 or 4 bottles). If we're guessing like this then start simple and work thou way up, lad.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chopper1192 said:
if they say it'll cure the problem, and it doesn't, then the good olde Sale of Goods Act gives you your money back.

We're stabbing in the dark here, but EGR and coil pack are favourite causes in that engine. Fortunately, the EGR isn't half as expensive to buy, and is only half as labour intensive as on the diseasel. That said, either of these is likely to leave a trouble code logged.

Don't assume the new plugs are all OK - a surprising proprtion of new ones are wonky, straight out the box. Substitute the new ones one at a time for a known good one, the then treat the fuel systen to a quadruple dose of Redex or similar (and I mean a genuine quadruple dose - 3 or 4 bottles). If we're guessing like this then start simple and work thou way up, lad.

Good luck.
cheers mate let you know what happens when it goes in the stealers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts