Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Can anyone help with cam timing on a 307 2.0 with vvt. I have found info on the version without the VVT, but nothing on the cam timing with VVT.

Many thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Pin it up. There are holes. Be careful some of those engines have no crankshaft keyway.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can find the pin for the ex cam. However, the inlet cam is just one solid pulley, there are no holes for the pins. Crankshaft is the same. On the crank pulley, and behind the crank pulley, there is nothing to pin the crankshaft to the block. The crank pulley has a keyway, and both cam sprockets have dowels.

I did find a diagram for the non VVT motor, but other than the ex cam sprocket being the same, nothing else is even remotely similar.

D

·
0 Posts
Use your own marks then. Mark belt in relation to each pulley and then put those same marks on the new belt. It won't matter what position engine is in then.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately that wont work either....
The ex cam seized due to excessive sludge in the engine. The car was serviced exactly as per the maintenance schedule by peugeot, that being 30 000km or 1 year, whichever occurs first. It now 133000-km and some seriously bent valves.

The seized cam has been repaired, as has the bent valves. Its just now to time the cams correctly, and as the cam belt snapped when the ex cam seized, I have no point of reference.

D

·
0 Posts
Pm me the last eight of chassis. Ill check it out.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
20 Posts
in my past experience these engines are not timed to tdc but half way up the cilinder boar,so all pistons level. as for locking the crank i believe there is a hole in the gearbox housing by the diff where you pin directly into the back of flywheel, you will need the locking tool for this, or just make one like i did

1 - 9 of 9 Posts