Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all as this is my first posting and yes i do have a problem!

I have an 04 plate 307sw 2.0 90 BHP. I had noticed when you pushed the clutch pedal down about halfway there was a clicky kind of noise. About a week ago this stopped but when pulling away and changing any gear there is now a vibration at low revs and then is fine while driving. It happens as you pull your foot up, judders and then is fine. I am not 100% mechanically minded so would like some info if poss. I did have a look through the site but am at work and have not had a lot of time to search, so any info would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Andy

C

·
0 Posts
The 2 litre 90 suffers from a not very robust OE Valeo clutch, prone to slipping and failure at relatively low mileages. The clicking you're feeling could be the release bearing on its way out, and the judder could be indicative of wear and/or even the front crank oil seal leaking.

A new LuK clutch will likely cure it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response!

Out of interest, how much is a new clutch on one of these things, just to give me a rough idea as i don't fancy being taken to the cleaners!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
cost me about £117 for a new clutch on eurocarparts. followed by £120 for fitting at a garage...shop around for fitting...peugeot wanted £250 for fitting. mrclutch wanted £200 found a garage that will do it for £120.

hope this helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts