Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice would be great here, I have this nightmare of a 110 hdi, was a swine to start when purchased but it eventually goes.

changed starter...improved 90% now it seems to be missing at low revs and when trying to start it gives the impression that it fires on one or two cylinders but needs a few good turns before it eventually fires up. Problem is when is running its a bit up and down on revs but nothing shows on rev counter but you can feel it.

planet shows that fuel pressure is around 298 and fluctuates while running, recommended pressure rail says its -2 bar and this fluctuates anything down to -16 bar when revved. Watching the injector flows cylinders 2 and 3 shows a minus correction at all times??

If i hold the the accelerator at 1200 rpm its fine and then but there is a shake of the car and the revs drop slightly and return to normal just like its missing a few injections?

I'm thinking of swapping the injectors out and just wondering if there is anything critical about replacing the 4 from a scrappy..apart from getting them out of a identical car Bosch system, 110, 2.0 hdi

ttfn :thumb:

·
11,725 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, but its something I've wanted to do on mine, so far I've not had any luck finding anyone local - I don't fancy taking them out myself and sending them away, I'd much rather leave the car with them.

Found this ebay link but its just for petrol:

Fuel Injector Ultrasonic cleaning Testing | eBay

Not read this one yet:

FUEL INJECTOR TESTING & ULTRASONIC CLEANING SERVICE FOR TOP, SIDE & HOSE FEED | eBay
Seems they are both for petrol, not a bad price though for the service!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i had a major issue with running rough when cold. it started ok after i changed the starter.

i did a leak off test and found a few which were suprisingly high

there loads of s/h injectors on ebay for bosch injection cars. there not too bad to replace either. i just got a decent one and kept swapping them out

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i had a major issue with running rough when cold. it started ok after i changed the starter.

i did a leak off test and found a few which were suprisingly high

there loads of s/h injectors on ebay for bosch injection cars. there not too bad to replace either. i just got a decent one and kept swapping them out
Hey Monty

Well fingers crossed have found out what was going on, as you mention the starter well, I had replaced that and it seemed ok and would start within a few turns.

starter is a 6 weeks old and threw engine over like it was trying to rip it out the engine bay. I was sure it was the injectors as its a shit to start when it wants to be and just yesterday was sold on the idea I was going to replace them today.

Well, I gave (Windy) a bell to just check I didn't need a correct serial number and we had a chat about what was going on :(

"Check the crank sensor" he said, it might be a bit crapped up with crud and bits of filings since your DMF is starting to fail? I doubt it as Planet says its fine and when it runs it actually runs ok apart from the slight rev drop?

Anyway convinced I was going to scrap yard to seek some out I decided to pull the crank sensor out and blow me....the thing was covered in metal splinters, crud, and the face was split open and a crack running the length of sensor down the side :eek:

I'm more worried how it was actually working the damage is that bad!

I had a spare one in my bits and bobs box and after a good clean and trying to shrink my hands to fit it in I eventually got there.

Its starting off a flick of the key, I have lost the rev problem and all seems good in the house!

So a huge massive thanks to Windy to prompt me to look into this part of what was looking like faulty injectors. :thumb:

Just shows you that I could have thrown a £100 quid at it and still not cured the problem even though planet said it was fine?

So I thought I would Bump this thread and let you all know it was the Crank sensor after all that. I gave (Windy) a quick bell and he thinks it could have been damaged by a bit of debris from the failing DMF?

Onward and upwards they say! DMF next :nono:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts