Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says really. i think the turbo is about to give up on our car and having had a quick look it looks like its going to be a pig to put a new one on. anyone done one and what is it like to do? will be doing it on the drive on axel stands.

·
5,836 Posts
90 turbo is self regulating 110 is not they look similar but are not . You cannot swap. They are a pain to do as access is very poor, replace all copper washers and gaskets on oil lines as they WILL leak if you do not.

What make you think your turbo is failing 2.0 Turbo's are near bullet proof. Mine is original at 216K miles

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thought that was what you were going to say looks very tight for access.
on acceleration there is a squeal sort of noise., very hard to explane. it comes on at the same time that I would expect the turbo to be spinning up. by that i mean it doesn't do it as soon as the engine revs rise it comes on a fraction after. and dies as soon as you let off the throttle. also doesnt do it unless you are driving and putting the engine under load. car has done 130,000 miles had regular oil changes but there is a fair amount of oil in the intake pipes.

·
5,836 Posts
Turbo is fully spooled by about 1700 RPM, are you sure that aux belt etc is not the cause.

There will always be oil in turbo pipe work, the engine breathers are linked into the turbo intake, so once you get a few miles on the clock they will generate oil mist in the breathers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure about the aux belt no. the tensioner was replaced about 30K ago as the chattered on tick over but only lasted about 5k before it started doing it again so as it didnt last long i have never bothered to change it again.
I will maybe try taking the belt off and give it a ver quick blast up the road and see if it still does it. would it not do it all the time if it was the aux belt not just when under load?

·
5,836 Posts
Also worth looking at Alternator, some were fitted with a slipper clutch like some VAG TDI's I believe (not seen one but are listed) which if they seize, it can cause the tensioner chatter etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts