Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new here and looking for some help, please.

I have a 53 plate 307 SW 2.0 HDi 110 and have owned it since 6 months old. It has done 130,000 miles and has been faultless until now. Here are the symptoms:

1) Poor starting - slow to crank, have replaced battery, but will usually start after turning over several times whilst the Ctek charger is connected.

2) When running it feels like there is no turbo boost. Will rev smoothly to 3,000 rpm but then feels rough. It's not in limp mode, there are no warning lights or messages. Disconnecting the MAF sensor makes little difference.

I have bought a new turbo solenoid valve and MAF sensor from a well known auction site. If i squeeze the large pipe feeding the turbo from the intercooler at 3,000 rpm it will collapse which suggests to me that the turbo is sucking/blowing so I think it could be the turbo solenoid valve leaving the wastegate open. I don't understand the slow cranking though???

Any suggestions/easy tests?

Please help
Craig

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Slow cranking is your starter getting old replace with higher output one well known fix

Low boost will be vacuum related either the solenoid you mention or a lack of vacuum elsewhere possibly another solenoid you could have anything up to 5 solenoids !

A fault with ANY solenoid will affect all the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts