·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have had 2 main problems with my 307, now it wont start:
1) abs/esp
2) Anti pollution fault.

Regarding the abs I took wheels of to inspect all sensors and found one on front nearside to be jammed in place, the allen bolt that holds it in place is broken. I need to replace hub or take it off and drill out broken bolt but since I have no proper garage I put this job off. Also when braking moderately I sometimes experience hard judderring form n/side front which I think is anti lock bakes kicking in.
I have read the threads on anti pollution fault and it seems to have many problems. I took car for a few long burns and I could smell that rotten egg smell, later stopped for a short while then restarted , engine light disapppeared but only for about 5 mins then its back on ( engine light on and limited revs). So I have been running around with car like this for a wee while now and I only use the car for small short runs now and then.
Now recently I have a new problem , car not starting. I went back next day and it started, same thing next day.. no start , then later it did. Now it doesn't start at all, but it still has battery life, since I have been carefull not to drain the battery when trying to start it. I have noticed that when I lock the doors now, single click on remote, it beeps horns and indicators flash. Also there is no alarm when I am sat in car with door open and key in ignition, there is also a red light on dash next to what appears to be a key symbol to the left of hazard lights button.
I want to fix this and was looking to buy a diagnostic tool but I am afraid I get something that wont work , since its pre 94 diesel. I would like to ask the experts if the lexia calble with pp2000 will work on this car? Also I would like to ask for any suggestions to the new non starting problem.
thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
You might be confused...

Either you have an old old peugeot diesel, but then I doubt very much it is a HDI engine, or more likely you have a 2002 model 2.0 HDI and you are wondering if PP2000/Lexia will work with your car. The answer, if my second guess was correct, is yes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
comms unit

Hello there
There is a good post on here reagrding reparing the ABS ,ie cleaning it and refitting it, also is your comms unit ok,yours seem to exhibit a lot of the problems I am having at present ,and it is my comms unit that is to blame.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Yes, I think you are ten years out on those dates. 2004 was when diesels became EOBDII compliant, but the 307 2002 has the same socket and works with Planet. Mine is that year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks for the replies,
I got the date a decade out, sorry about that.
I seen the post about abs, what is this comms unit D9fee is speaking about?

Also any ideas on what is going on with the key thing and not starting?

·
Registered
23 Posts
comms unit

Hello there
The comms unit is located behind the steering wheel with the indicator stalks comming from it. It can give all kinds of faults, ABS,ESP,AIRBAG ETC ETC. tOATL NIGHTMARE OF A THING.Get advice form an auto electrician or garage before even contemplating removing it. It is a very difficult part to source and replace and expensive, also involves removing air bag via the correct sequence incase it blows up, and then removing stearing wheel just to get it off.

G

·
0 Posts
On the other hand, it is generally a good piece of equipment - it ties all the little things together and is in theory a good idea. Back in the 90s, cars had switches all over the place to work stuff like fog lights, cruise, stereo controls, rear wash wipe etc, now they are all on the one piece :thumb:. This piece can also do stuff on its own, like auto-lights, auto-wipers and activate the rear wiper when you go into the reverse etc etc

It is a pity they are so expensive to replace, but they seem to last around 10 years and 1000s of miles before going wrong, and this can be fixed by people with a bit of know-how for a fraction of the cost.

Also, I heard that stuff like aerosol dashboard cleaners can get into the stalks and shorten the life of your comms....:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just tried again and still no joy in starting.
I still have this little red key light, to the left of hazard switch.
Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of this light and what is indicating to me ?
thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just tried again and still no joy in starting.
I still have this little red key light, to the left of hazard switch.
Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of this light and what is indicating to me ?
thanks.
Immobiliser. You need to get a diagnostic test done. Make sure you have the key card in case your key simply need recoding.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, it seems that the key isn't coded to the car any more, or the transponder ring is on its way out...?

There is a small black ring around the ignition barrel which receives the signal from the chip in the key. This then either tells the ECU its the right key so the immobiliser goes off, or if the ring is faulty the signal doesn't get to the ECU so the immobiliser isn't switched off.

Worth a punt..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2002 2.0 hdi

Hi,
Diagnostics have arrived and I installed Diagbox onto laptop, all seems to fine. However car battery is now flat due to freezing conditions, engine turned over a couple of times, and doesn't even have power to supply my laptop so I cannot get any fault codes yet. I'm awaiting a friend to boost my battery.
When I was sitting in car, wondering what to do next, with key in ignition( off position) and door open I got the beep beep noise alerting me that the key was still in the ignition. Does that mean that the key is still coded and being detected?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2002 2.0 hdi

Just an update....
Connected jump leads from a donor car today and waited for about 30 seconds, with donor engine off, and tried to start 307, it started straight away. So I took it for a 10 mile run and then parked up. Car seems to be as it was before still giving DPF fault and ASBS/ESP fault. I don't know if flattening of the battery caused something to reset or not but the immobiliser problem seems to have gone.
Next problem is the Diagbox/pp2000 sowftare, which managed to read the correct VIN number but got no further error is: ECU not responding. But this error is not consistent as sometimes I get another about pp inteface not connected.
I got 2x DVD: one has diagbox software , the other has pp software. The pp software disc wouldn't install on vista at all and a window informs me it requires xp. The diagbox dvd seemed to install and I upgraded it a few times to the latest verision v07.53.
So I need to mess around trying to figure this out, I'm not sure if pp has been installed as a subset of diagbox and if I should reinstall the same after I install widows xp. Or if I should install xp then try to install the pp from the other DVD( which also has things like Lexia upgrade sowftare on it. There are a few read me files and stuff but in russian and chinese etc, so no real instructions came with the software.
I just hope that after installing xp I can get it setup to work for my car, I don't like the sound of "ECU not responding".

I think I should post further topics about this on a new thread as the title is not really suitable. Thanks for any help and wishing you all good luck in the new year

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
starting problems

Another update on the starting problem:

It still doesn't start sometimes and I think it's if I press the accelerator pedal before turning the key. If I don't touch the pedal and just turn key it seems to start ok.

Still cant get diagnostics software to work, having trouble getting a laptop with xp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts