Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2.0 litre diesiel xsi had it mapped to 176 now just would like to now who else is mapped and what has had done exc? Find the level I could take it to?

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Why would you need that amount of power diesels are all about economy and torque much more tuning and you will just destroy your gearbox.

Don't get me wrong im a petrol head have a twin turbo Subaru with 260hp and a Renault espace with 200hp but I don't feel they need or could handle anymore.

P

·
0 Posts
Is the 307 really the car to be doing these sort of high mods onto? Surely more suitable cars out there for this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
They'll easily take 200 bhp but it's not the horse power that you will have to worry about it's the torque.

Go any further than 400nm and you start chewing gears like the is no tomorrow and did i mention the rods in the 307's are only really rated to 300 LB/FT dunno what translates to in newton metres but go to far and you'll just start breaking things.

Beware of your clutch aswell!

If you stay around the power your at now you should be okay but any further and it will cost you serious money to get it to run that power safely and reliably

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
A map for a bit of low down grunt is OK by me on a Derv makes them better to drive But Overstressing components to destruction with too much Power is a :nono: No No

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll keep it as it is but had it mapped wen had dpf removel. ain't taken it higher just asking question and the clutch tht was going was of driver Before I brought it. and wen I had it mapped it was slipping so had it changed. I did ask the question aswell is there serton clutches for serton power cz I no the mechanic I've used has put a box standard clutch on mine just dno wa clutch and were would be best to get 1 from any ideas? Guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts