Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone Right here it goes I bought a 2.0hdi 110bhp sw on a 53 plate couple months ago now and faults have been stupid but here goes , firstly I had pp performed on car found egr permanent fault and air mass meter , so bit the bullet and bought both brand new fitted to no avail with egr , I then bought 3 brand new solenoid valves but no difference so next I had every vaccum pipe off and checked to find nothing ... Next was check boost pipes to be fine aswell but found tiny leak round inter cooler so brand new one fitted but no difference made ! . Next came dpf issues and also egr fault still coming up so had the dpf and egr deleted and had remap at same time , didn't see a great deal of difference after remap if I'm honest ! I then found my front butterfly valve diaphragm was leaking so got a good con one to no difference. So I gave up and sent to garage , they done 2 leak offs then tested basically everything I have to find nothing apart from slightly oily turbo and movement in shaft so reconditioned turbo £1000 later it comes out to be just the same !! We're do I go next or what should I do any opinions, it feels like it's always being restricted and the turbo / engine seems to fluctuate through Rev range 2-5th gear

·
5,836 Posts
Have you had vac pump on pipes etc. I would check vac line to Turbo and use pump to confirm waste gate is operating fully and not sticking/jammed and work back from there.

I had one with an intermittent lack of boost below around 2500 rpm which ended up being a sticking non return valve in vacuum pump

Original logged faults could have been result of blanked off EGR valve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had vac pump on pipes , I done the opposite by using compressor air line in one end and blanked other end of pipe while holding in bucket of water looking for air bubbles as at time had no vac tester.

Waste gate in turbo should be fine as only a week old turbo and was checked before installing

I've attached a pic of reading off vac pump when on idle

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
My reading was exactly the same on my vac pipe, but have you done every feed to every part..??

I am only asking because I had a similar problem and the fault was actually the 3 way restrictor on the vac pump being partially blocked on the feed to the turbo solenoid....

It took me ages to suss it out, like you I replaced the MAP sensor and the turbo solenoid too....:nono:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
just a classic case of someone putting new parts to try and fix the issue please don't take offence of this buddy its as I see so many putting new parts and its still not fixed

what I would do it check all the vac lines and make sure they are going to the right outlet on the valve, VAC goes to the pump and OUT goes to the source ie turbo, EGR, Doser, ect..

if you find they are in the right order and still not working pull the vac pipe from the turbo wastegate and get a vac pump suck it in and start the car get someone to rev the car and feel the top boost hose and see if it goes hard, if it
does then I would look at the plug for the valve as they can break in the loom
mine done this and it was back to 100%,

that's something for you to try,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Which plug do you mean cmax also checked top hose and that does expand quite abit when revved up. Is there a dozer valve on rear of engine as can't check that because jammed behind engine. What should be coming out of turbo solenoid on vac gauge so I can check

G

·
0 Posts
The vac pipes should all have the same 700mb reading at the end that goes into the solenoids, the turbo one should have the same coming out too.

As Cmax says, the electrical supply to the solenoids is sometimes kinked by the bottom of the windscreen where is leads from the big loom to the solenoids.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The vac pipes should all have the same 700mb reading at the end that goes into the solenoids, the turbo one should have the same coming out too.

As Cmax says, the electrical supply to the solenoids is sometimes kinked by the bottom of the windscreen where is leads from the big loom to the solenoids.
The solenoid is brand new pieburg by the wAy also did u see reading for out of solenoid buddy

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My reading was exactly the same on my vac pipe, but have you done every feed to every part..??

I am only asking because I had a similar problem and the fault was actually the 3 way restrictor on the vac pump being partially blocked on the feed to the turbo solenoid....

It took me ages to suss it out, like you I replaced the MAP sensor and the turbo solenoid too....:nono:
what restrictor?

G

·
0 Posts
The 3 way push tag/release clip that joins onto the vac pump has built in restrictors - these are simply a tiny pinprick hole in a block, inside the 3 way clip....

Easily blocked as the hole is super tiny.

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
Dropping a little is ok but I have seen them drop of completely as soon as the revs rise causing no vac only when driving :)

I also agree with ginger the little connection where all the vac pipes converge causes problems BUT looking at your reading if its only dropping a little it should be ok.

I would swap the turbo control feed to another tail on the junction see if it alters anything

G

·
0 Posts
When I was diagnosing my turbo fault, I used a vac pump on the pipe from the turbo solenoid to the turbo. I was laying under the car, and I watched the axle on the turbo move out as I applied vacuum.

It started at 0, the axle was all the way inside the turbo, and when the gauge reached 300 the axle started to move, it was fully extended at 400 on the gauge, so I should imagine a 500 on your gauge would be enough to withdraw the axle, opening the vanes.

Out if interest, there is a fuse on the 406 that controls the turbo solenoid, maybe your car has one too.....?

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
If your getting a reading on the turbo outlet then the power must be ok ecu opens the valve then when max boost is reached closes it to control boost.

Its not quite as simple as that but that is the basics.

This is why no vac=no boost.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your getting a reading on the turbo outlet then the power must be ok ecu opens the valve then when max boost is reached closes it to control boost.

Its not quite as simple as that but that is the basics.

This is why no vac=no boost.
What do u think I should do next buddy to check , the strange thing is the exhaust noise changes out of back box when foot down hard because my boot has a gap I can clearly hear inside car. , it's like strong whistle then low whistle then strong and so on when it starts this problem with pulling back and forth , it's like the wastegate is constantly opening and shutting under hard load I swear to god it is .

1 - 20 of 57 Posts