Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I can't seem to get any vacuum on any of the pipes for solenoids etc. vac pump is sucking well.

Can I prime system or should I just connect pipes and let it create vacuum? Which it's not doing?!?

Can't seem to find any info on it?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
sounds if you have a leak in the vac system, on mine the vacuum reservoir bolted on the gear box was cracked i replaced it and it worked, i would go round your vac pipes and make sure they are in the right way as one could be letting you lose the build up of vacuum.

G

·
0 Posts
How are you testing the vacuum, by feel or by a gauge?

You should get about -700mb from the pump, so this should be the same at the feed for each solenoid. No priming is necessary.

Does your car have a vacuum reservoir, its a sort of black rounded box near the servo, as you would need to test this for leaks...

Otherwise just trace the pipes and look for splits, or maybe a blockage in one of the squeeze connectors on the pump...

If you have access to a vacuum gauge, then this will help loads.

Edit: beaten to it....!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you testing the vacuum, by feel or by a gauge?

You should get about -700mb from the pump, so this should be the same at the feed for each solenoid. No priming is necessary.

Does your car have a vacuum reservoir, its a sort of black rounded box near the servo, as you would need to test this for leaks...

Otherwise just trace the pipes and look for splits, or maybe a blockage in one of the squeeze connectors on the pump...

If you have access to a vacuum gauge, then this will help loads.

Edit: beaten to it....!

I have been feeling for it and also using a syringe,

connecting syringe to one end and sucking to create vacuum and waiting to see if the vacuum goes. I gathered this would show split pipe. All pipes are ok. Put drawn syringe on pipes when engine on and it hasn't been sucked back closed.

I put it on the two outlets from pump but still no movement.

How would I clear blockage in squeeze connector?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also bypassed reservoir, connecting the two pipes together and still nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yours is a 2.0 110 HDi so you have 4 solenoid valves by any chance have you or someone else replaced any? if they have then i would say they have it pipes on wrong as if one is not on the right way you will be losing vac another thing is maybe one of the solenoid valves is stuck open so that would lose vacuum.

you will have solenoid valves for EGR, Turbo, intake flap front and rear of the engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yours is a 2.0 110 HDi so you have 4 solenoid valves by any chance have you or someone else replaced any? if they have then i would say they have it pipes on wrong as if one is not on the right way you will be losing vac another thing is maybe one of the solenoid valves is stuck open so that would lose vacuum.

you will have solenoid valves for EGR, Turbo, intake flap front and rear of the engine.

I replaced turbo solenoid, but sure I got pipes right way round as each set has one with white band on it and they are lower pipe. Might have to double check now though.

Any way of checking on pp? I have been trying to find my way around the programme but still early days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if your car is boosting ok then you have it spot on, if you look on live data for your engine you could see what the solenoid valves are doing should be around 80/90% at idle then drop down I would need to check as its been a while since I have look at the live data on my 2.0 110

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if your car is boosting ok then you have it spot on, if you look on live data for your engine you could see what the solenoid valves are doing should be around 80/90% at idle then drop down I would need to check as its been a while since I have look at the live data on my 2.0 110
Theres no boost. I checked pipes again and cant find anything amiss.

took these pics at idle sitting on drive.

And also faults im getting.

thanks

Tj.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
The permanent fault points to a dodgy MAF or a stuck EGR....

I would go into detail but I have to go to work..:mad:

·
5,674 Posts
why did you change turbo solenoid valve. Did you have problem before replacement, if so did you replace with correct unit.

The turbo vac supply is separate from vac tank but a leak in either will result in no vac.

Try disconnecting and plugging feed to vac tank. If you now get vac on turbo side then leak is on one of the other 3 valves, circuits or vac tank.

If still no vac then the leak is on turbo circuit

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the measure air flow looks like its the default. if you disconnect the maf you get about 500.

this normally means the egr isnt recycling air back into the engine otherwise the air flow would be lower. maybe a stuck egr

it shows turbo pressure seems to be ok so if its not boosting i would look at the 2 items above

normally disconnecting the maf disables the egr on cars with an electronic valve i dont know how it works on a vacuum fed one. try disconnecting it and see

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why did you change turbo solenoid valve. Did you have problem before replacement, if so did you replace with correct unit.

The turbo vac supply is separate from vac tank but a leak in either will result in no vac.

Try disconnecting and plugging feed to vac tank. If you now get vac on turbo side then leak is on one of the other 3 valves, circuits or vac tank.

If still no vac then the leak is on turbo circuit

Changed turbo solenoid as it wasn't boosting, replaced it and stripped the old one down, it had a hole in diaphragm.

·
5,674 Posts
the measure air flow looks like its the default. if you disconnect the maf you get about 500.

this normally means the egr isnt recycling air back into the engine otherwise the air flow would be lower. maybe a stuck egr

it shows turbo pressure seems to be ok so if its not boosting i would look at the 2 items above

normally disconnecting the maf disables the egr on cars with an electronic valve i dont know how it works on a vacuum fed one. try disconnecting it and see
There is no boost in them figures Atmospheric Pressure value and boost value are the same. I would say no EGR as no vac to operate EGR valve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no boost in them figures Atmospheric Pressure value and boost value are the same. I would say no EGR as no vac to operate EGR valve

The vac pump is working well, then there's a connector that fits to it with two pipes that do to vac box and solenoids, and another that goes to rear of engine, when I connect that connector I can feel no vac on either of the two pipes to the front. Is it a straight through connector or has it got a valve inside?

If it's straight through I'll get a tiny drill bit in it to unblock it but not sure.

·
5,674 Posts
The larger pipe goes to the servo. There was an issue with some cars with the non return valve in the servo hose failing which can result in low/no vacuum

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem when changed the turbo/egr valve strange things happened, untill i reset the system ( battery off ), afterwards everything learned the new data and my car runs fine. Might not help you, but you could give it a try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts